Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris dealers not there after initial sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2000, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well like i said in the previous post.polaris offered nothing for help..how hard would it have been for them to locate another local dealer that would take trades and had exp 425`s in stock,they did nothing

Old 08-02-2000, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

I can understand your anger brother. I went through hell and back with my scrambler 500 last month. I complained for a week straight.(Take a look @ my posts) Bottom line is that Polaris ended up coming through and my local dealer was a great help also. I live in Mass and would recommend my local dealer in Barre to anyone. I've delt with the owner and his son and they both helped me along with Polaris in getting me a far trade. I was also told that Polaris has changed their customer service around, they supposedly have tech services and customer service all in one now. This could become a problem if you end up talking to the wrong person. Keep on them and try talking with a different Polaris rep, don't bother with the e-mail crap, call them direct.

Old 08-02-2000, 09:09 PM
Range Rover

THE SERVICE AT HEINEN AND MASON IS OK ,I HAD SOMETHING THEY DID WONG WITH SLED AND WHEELER. OVER ALL HAPPY ,SALES IS THE BEST I THINK ANY WAY THEY HAD HOOKED MY FAN THE WONG WAY .RC WHOWS YOUR SALES GUY.

Old 08-02-2000, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

oh i did call them as well.. i told them i was looking forward to buying an exp 425 until the dealer wouldnt take my trade..i talked with just a customer service rep. they said all the managers were at an off site meeting today..i basically told them that they lost a customer that has already sold 2 machines for them and god knows how many others i may have bought, i havent even had this one for a year and was already looking to trade and i have 2 kids growing that will probably mean more quads in the family..well i didnt really get anywhere other than he did say he would forward it to a manager,,ill admit he did seem concerned that i had been dealt with in this way..he also said he would have the manager get back to me and see if they could help me out,whatever that means. im going to an a/c- polaris dealer to ride the a/c 4 and 500 as well as the exp 425..im just afraid if i buy the exp and need help from polaris ill be screwed..i do still like the exp over the a/c but im going to check them both out and go from there..im leaning more to the a/c now

Old 08-08-2000, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

Hey bowtiepu... If u r looking for a nice polaris dealer, head up to Messena NY, they have at least 3 of every brand that Polaris make sitting outside, then they have ONE of the largest atv showrooms in updstate ny... I don't know how good their service is, but it can't be that bad if they have so many atvs sitting around for a sale.

long live the king baby

00 king quad
97 honda 300 4x4
15 foot rope, and luck!

Old 08-08-2000, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

well after talking to polaris and going to this other dealer i found i ended up buying the exp.425 over the a/c 400..dealer gave me a fair price on both the trade and the new one..he also said polaris called him to make sure there was an exp. there for me to test ride..i was very pleased with the outcome,first prices he gave me were what i was looking for and he threw in a free winch so i dont have to take my old one off,what a guy even said i can take my k&n filter and put the old one back on..hopefully it`ll be a good machine..dealers not too much farther so ill have to see how service goes

Old 08-09-2000, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome, bowtiepu, to our small group of xpedition
owners. I dont think you will be sorry. What color
did you get? Ya, the xped. uses the same k&n air filter as the sp 500. If you want to see a pic. of my xped. Its on lurch77's atv site. its chet lakes
xped. You can see my itp magnum billet aluminum rims and 26 inch mudbug tires. If you look on page
78 I think it is on the dennis kirk magazine, you will find a new mud gard for an xped., or on another page? its in the catalog. High lifter has a power kit for our xped. If you talk to 425xped. he has suggested some mods we can make our selves.
A mod, so you can start in any gear. A mod, so your in 4wd as soon as you flip the awd switch.

rangerchet 2000 polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speed.

Old 08-09-2000, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the welcoming.i bought the red one.. i beleive i emailed him on the mods or somebody that has the exp.i know there is a post on the subject but the instructions werent very clear..if you have them written down i could use them, start in any gear and always awd..hey have you guys extended the vent for the coolant overflow box up to your handlebars or leave that the way it is? the reason im asking is i heard that dirt mud etc may get in there and contaminate the coolant causing water pump seal problems,or is that just the sportsman? i was going to extend all the vent tubes up to the handlebars..any tips mods or help you may have please let me know..thanks for the help in advance.. maybe when i scatch up the plastic i`ll get yellow in a year or 2,right now im lucky to have the new machine so i wont be doing much in expensive mods like tires an such,in stock form i know ill be very happy,very peppy machine

Old 08-09-2000, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Your right, we need to vent up our coolant overflow, just like the sp500. I have seen a red xped 425 before at my dealership. They look just fine. Mine is chestnut, a hunting color. rangerchet

Old 08-09-2000, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Check out Stacy hardware in Stacy....Between Forest lake and North Branch...I've bought lawn mowers ,snow blowers, line trimmers from Jim and he's a good guy.Several people I ride with bought their Polaris Atvs from him and are HAPPY!!
NOTE:I may...will... buy my next there...eeegads owning a 450es AND 500HO ....
I've almost convinced the WIFE!!

Quick Reply: polaris dealers not there after initial sale