Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris dealers not there after initial sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2000, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went to trade my magnum 325 4x4 in towards an expedition 425..dealer says he isnt interested in the bike? it wasnt even a fact of them offering any amount he just flat said he doesnt want it..thats where i bought it.he said its too much agravation to find one(exp.425)as he didnt have one in stock,but still really wasnt interested..im definitley not going there again for anything.. i spent about 7000.00 on machine and extras not to mention i brought 2 other people in to buy machines there.. im sorry but i think that is poor business and i emailed polaris..another dealer thats great for the sale but then they leave you hi and dry afterwards,im not sure i even want another polaris.hope polaris does something about it,i know if i were polaris i wouldnt want these people representing my product..email me if you want to know the name of the dealer

Old 07-31-2000, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I would never use that dealer again. I would tell anyone in future who is considering buying a quad to NOT use them. Eventually they will get the message. It will be interesting to see what Polaris coroporate people have to say.

Most dealers preach customer service but very few really apply it.

Good luck

Old 07-31-2000, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

was it the fact that he dident want your mag 325 in trade or he dident want to get a xpedition 425. maybee he dident want to take yours in trade because he doesent sell alot of the 325's. but he still should have got u a 425. he must have lots of business to turn u down.

later

jon

Old 07-31-2000, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

haha,
I just posted a response to a question you had on the Xpedition, and came back to find this. You're probably not interested now are ya.
There are 2 Polaris dealers within about 20 miles from me. I have never asked, but I have yet to see a used bike on their lot. I think the next time I'm there I'll ask.
You would be better off selling it yourself anyway.

Pro Rider

If you are out this way we would love to trade for your 325. We have one 425 left(slow sellers)

Pro Rider

when i went to trade my 2000 Xplorer 250 in , they took it no problems gave me more than it booked and it all took about 30 minutes and I was out the door with a new SP500. Man it suxs there are such crappy dealers outhere. I
I once bought a atv paid 5200 bucks! asked for a free hat! a hat and they would not give me one! and i just got done ordering 500 dollars worth of add-ons! it was not Polaris, and they did it to my freind matt too, he bought the same model.

Old 07-31-2000, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

bow

I feel your pain. I live in about 15 miles from two different dealers (opposite directions). Service after the sale is not a priority for either one. Unfortunately, they are also the local Honda dealer, the local Kawasaki dealer, etc. How I long for a dealership that gives good service after the sale!!!!

Old 07-31-2000, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

i definitely wont be using them again..im not sure if it was they didnt want the 325 or just didnt want to order an exp.im tired of dealing with these kind of people..i could see if i brought it to them with its fenders haning off making all kinds of noises but its actually in good condition,the fact of the matter is they didnt want the bike.i did write polaris but ive dealt with other manufacturers on alot of other things and im not expecting to see anything come of it but i did write them. im still interested in the exp. but itll have to be a good deal to sway me and it wont be with that dealer.if i post the dealers name is that or can it be considered defomation of character?

Old 07-31-2000, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I am confused to. Is this dealership in business to make money or not? How can they make money if they wont deal with you? I believe you will hear back from polaris. I have e-mailed them twice in the past and received a reply back each time.

Ha, I just called my dealer and asked a hyphotical
question if i wanted to do what your trying to do.
My dealer said fine, just bring in my old polaris atv and they will gladly take my trade for a new polaris atv. So this dealer you dealt with sucks big time. I also found out from my dealer and he has some of these in his shop already

a 2001 sportsmen 500 ducks unlimited and a 2001 400 sportsmen and a 2001 scrambler 2x4 500. He said that polars has
completely and totally changed the breaks setup and the new ones will last very much longer then the old kind. My dealer actually has these atv's in already. I think he also said a new 2001 400 explorer was in or on the way soon. One of these is a 4 stroke now.

rangerchet 2000 polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speed.

Old 07-31-2000, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

i thought they were in business to make money but appaerantly not..i probably will hear back from polaris and get the usual were sorry for any inconvenience you had and please buy another quad even though our dealers(some not all)dont stand behind what they sell..im sorry maybe they will do something who knows..the more i write about this the more pissed off im getting

Quick Reply: polaris dealers not there after initial sale