Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2004 Scrammy Chain Tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Scrammy Chain Tensioner

Hey who out there has actually bought a Chain tensioner for their 2004 Scrambler 500 4x4?
Where can I get one? do you have a part number or URL, price?

Thanks in advance

Old 05-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot Seat Performance, HPD, RcR all sell chain tensinors, for all about the same $$ i think, and they are all about the same thing.

Old 05-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks GScrambler400
I just ordered the HPD Chain tensioner.
Whats my next mod to plan for? Best bang for the buck
Pipe? Clutch kit? wheels? Tires? chain? sprockets?

Old 05-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

for $325 (free shipping) GET an RcR Stage 1 kit. Here it includes: your choice of PIPE and SILENCER, CLUTCH KIT to match, CORRECT JETTING, AIR BOX MODS, and AIR FILTER.......WORTH THE MONEY!!!

Old 05-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DGScrambler400
for $325 (free shipping) GET an RcR Stage 1 kit. Here it includes: your choice of PIPE and SILENCER, CLUTCH KIT to match, CORRECT JETTING, AIR BOX MODS, and AIR FILTER.......WORTH THE MONEY!!!
Unfortunely that kit doesnt apply for the 500 scram[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Wish it did though

Mike. due to yor machien being 4wd, I wouldnt mess around with the gearing. You can screw things up with that. I would say your next mod should be a K&N and Outerwears (Rocky MT has the best prices). then from there, get yourself a clutchkit from HPD. Then comes the pipe. It depends on you. Do you want a full system, or just a slip-on. Also, do you need a spark arrestor where you ride? The BEST full system out there is the HPD Powermaxx. I would say that the BEST slip-on and best "bang for your buck" is the White Bros E-Series. If you want even more than that, then get yourself the HPD air box/carb mod. Then comes the other stuff like wheels and tires. Let me know when you get to that point. I have a source that has great prices on ITP products

Old 05-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
Unfortunely that kit doesnt apply for the 500 scram[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Wish it did though

Mike. due to yor machien being 4wd, I wouldnt mess around with the gearing. You can screw things up with that. I would say your next mod should be a K&N and Outerwears (Rocky MT has the best prices). then from there, get yourself a clutchkit from HPD. Then comes the pipe. It depends on you. Do you want a full system, or just a slip-on. Also, do you need a spark arrestor where you ride? The BEST full system out there is the HPD Powermaxx. I would say that the BEST slip-on and best "bang for your buck" is the White Bros E-Series. If you want even more than that, then get yourself the HPD air box/carb mod. Then comes the other stuff like wheels and tires. Let me know when you get to that point. I have a source that has great prices on ITP products
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] i didnt see that he had a 500..., i figured taht he probably had a 400..my bad!

Old 05-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] i didnt see that he had a 500..., i figured taht he probably had a 400..my bad!
LOL. It happens

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

To get some ideas on what works good on a 500 look at our signatures! We all have our Scrammys dialed in to what we want.(me and BBS anyway)

Old 05-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer

I appreciate all the input, I'll keep an eye on the signatures as well.
Thanks to all

Old 05-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Yea these guys have lots of great advice!! Thats how I got my setup, I just asked and looked at the setups others had and before I knew it my scrammy is running just the way I like it. My whole set up was just over $300. great price for the results I got. If money was no problem I would have went with the powermaxx pipe and exhaust, but I have young kids and its hard for my wife to understand putting lots of money into something I just bought(not broke why replace it).

How do you like your 04 scrambler?

I researched for about 3 months before I decided to go with the scrambler and I am sooooo happy I did. I love this thing!!

Quick Reply: 2004 Scrammy Chain Tensioner