Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2K 400/ Hot Seat Performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2000, 04:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colorado,
I installed a 25 pilot jet today and I'm running a 250 on the main jet (I run my machine at about 70-85 degrees and 900-1500 feet elevation) also I'm using the stock needle with the clip 2 slots down.

I have all the spacers on the muffler at this time, I want to eventually take a few out, but this was the way it came back to me after the dealer got done with it (I had them install the clutch kit and pipes). The new PJ is making a big difference, but I've been told that a 30 PJ may be better to start with. I'm not quite finished with my adjustments yet because I had to work today.

I still have to adjust the air flow to see if I can get the right mixture in the idle and off idle to 1/4 throttle. My mid range and top end are much better now. I'll keep you updated on how everything goes.

Old 08-08-2000, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

Colorado,
I almost forgot! I also installed a K/N Filter charger on my Scrambler today also. This made a big difference right off the bat, even before I changed the PJ. It cost $30 bucks, plus you'll need to purchase filter cleaner ($5.95) and filter oil ($6.95).

This gives your machine optimum air flow, although if you ride in an area that you'll be crossing lots of streams or rivers, then you may want to reconsider. Unfortunately I do ride in an area like this and I'm concerned with water getting into my carb if the water level get to deep. I'll have to consider the conditions before I ride and if I have to, I'll reinstall the stock air box (unfortunately this will probably require air flow readjustment).

All in all though, the filter charger did give my machine a boost.

Old 08-08-2000, 06:01 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info jdedik. I will try out a smaller pilot and see what taking the lid off the airbox does to see if I should get a filter. How many spacers did you get. I got only two with mine and the donut. I ride at between 5000 ft and 11000 ft so I will just go down a size or two from what pilot jet is in there now.

Old 08-08-2000, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

Colorado,
I almost forgot, I was very unhappy with the way the HyperShift Clutch kit was engaging at a higher RPM also. I was to the point that I was considering a different color primary spring or possibly adjusting my spring location from 2-2 to 1-3 (as suggested by HSP).

Of course, this may not apply to your situation since you live at a much higher elevation then I do. When I got my instructions from HSP, the primary spring location number look like they were hand written in. I imagine this is because there are differences depending on where the machine was ridden.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I noticed a big difference when I changed the PJ. I didn't notice any problems with my cluch today what so ever. I guess this is do to the fact that you reach the right RPM for the clutch to engage must quicker then before.

Although, I would imagine that if you are still unhappy after you change your PJ, you could probably go with a different primary spring. Good luck, I'll keep this posting updated as to my progress with my beast!