Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

best pipe for PREDATOR????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best pipe for PREDATOR????????

hey, whats the best slip on pipe for all around performance on the predatore, hmf, white bros., yoshimira,..........................

Old 05-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

A "search" on this topic will bring you many more detailed answers.

All the pipes are good depending on if you're racing and don't mind excessive noise (HMF, Big Gun), or if you're just wanting modest gains down low, mid, and top RPMS then a quieter White Bros E series that still provides power.

My choice was the E-series, no regrets.

Old 05-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

there isnt really a "best" pipe for the Pred. It just kinda all depends on your preference and what you expect out of it....but if noise isnt a concern I'd do an HMF. But if noise is a concern something like the WB might be better...

Old 05-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

As I have said many times before, I was told that the wb pipe is the best for the money(and is quieter), and the HPD pipe is the best for performance(however, some guys don't like it because of the "bad looks", which I don't really notice....power is power).....the yoshi pipe is about the same as the wb pipe only with a header.....as for hmf, I don't know, but wouldn't reccomend it, seens how my dealer doesn't even sell them.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

i like the pro circiut the best that is why i whent with it. i have heard good things also about dmc alien which would be my second pick. go to the dunes and listen and ask ????

Old 05-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
as for hmf, I don't know, but wouldn't reccomend it, seens how my dealer doesn't even sell them.
your dealer doesnt sell them because HMF doesnt go through just any dealer... a dealer needs to "set up" through HMF to sell them.
and HMF is very close to the Top 4-stroke pipe makers out there right now. so just because doug doesnt carry them.. doesnt mean there bad... because they are far from it... and they have the best customer service around to back up there awsome LOOKING and PERFORMING exhuast.

now i aint saying HPD is a bad pipe because i havent rode a machine with one on it yet... i have seen and heard one... and i didnt like the sound... sounded too hollow. but anyway, obviosly doug is gonna like it most considering he works pretty close with HPD... doug knows his stuff... but that doesnt mean the pipe he runs is the best out there.
(just a thought, and i aint tryin to start a battle wit anyone.)

and for the WB pipe... i personally dont like pipes with disks.... they dont get half as much flow as other pipes... which is why it isnt as loud... and i am willing to bet you that when you compare top end power between a pipe with disks and an open pipe... that you will find the open pipe way ahead, more flow up top means more power!!! and thats where the noise comes into play, and thats where i like to play... topend!!!

Old 05-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hozed.....The wb pipe allows you to remove the disks, so it ends up letting flow through there.....yes Doug does work close with hpd, and I'm usually going with his advice, so everyone knows. I'm not saying the hmf pipe is bad either, I was just saying that I haven't seen it because he doesn't handle it.....I do know for a fact however, that Doug runs the hpd pipe on his pred, so that may be something to think about too......and also, I seen in Dirtwheels(which doesn't mean its true or anything) but that Daryl Rath had a wb pipe on his preds.

Old 05-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
Hozed.....The wb pipe allows you to remove the disks, so it ends up letting flow through there.....yes Doug does work close with hpd, and I'm usually going with his advice, so everyone knows. I'm not saying the hmf pipe is bad either, I was just saying that I haven't seen it because he doesn't handle it.....I do know for a fact however, that Doug runs the hpd pipe on his pred, so that may be something to think about too......and also, I seen in Dirtwheels(which doesn't mean its true or anything) but that Daryl Rath had a wb pipe on his preds.
So basically what your saying is that since my Kia dealership in town doesnt carry Rolls Royce it must not be worth a crap and I shouldnt recommend it right? lol j/m w/ u lol

Old 05-27-2004, 01:26 AM
Range Rover

white or fmf power core very sexy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2004, 02:26 AM
Range Rover

I have a slip-on wb siliener and it seem pretty loud to me. But I think the person that own it before me must of add some more disks because, I have heard if you added more disk it make the quad louder.

Quick Reply: best pipe for PREDATOR????????