Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking about buying a Scrambler?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying a Scrambler?????

I think polaris makes an o.k. 4-wheeler, I personally didn't like my 01 500 4x4, not enough sport in it. I'm sure the polaris crowdwill scream about that, but thats the truth. I would say lilnotts knows enough about riding, he was asking help with pricing. By the way that does sound a little high

Old 05-31-2004, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

I too am looking for a Scrambler 500 4x4, I have my 02 Trailblazer 250 for sale right now. But local dealers have the 03's leftover Predators for $4829, I may consider the Pred.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ostrich
I personally didn't like my 01 500 4x4, not enough sport in it.
the Scrambler is not made for sport/racing, so why should it have enough sport in it? BTW, im not "angry" about your comment, just stating an opinion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

And a 250 is? they all are detuned!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DGScrambler400
Originally posted by: ostrich
I personally didn't like my 01 500 4x4, not enough sport in it.
the Scrambler is not made for sport/racing, so why should it have enough sport in it? BTW, im not "angry" about your comment, just stating an opinion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Not to get anyone angry but I think it was meant to be a "sport", like a Wolverine, but not a racer. I also agree that they don't have enough sport in them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. I really prefer a Sportsman for play riding and having fun over the Scrambler; it jumps better, lands better, goes fast over the rough better, and I feel like I have a lot more control over it even with its extra 300 pounds (700 carb is what I'm comparing with).

I paid $1900 for mine, just for your info.

Old 06-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

I would like to take you for a ride!!! I know for a fact that the sportsman won't jump better, it definatly isn't quiker, and it can't climb hills better. The things that I can tell you it can do better, is climb rocks, pull, mud, work, that is for sure!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

well i called about it yesturday, he said it needs ball joints, bushings, rear shock needs to be rebuilt, and brakes need a lil work otherwise its fine,n for a 4X4 i would much rather have a shaft drive, and it may be cheaper this way too, even get the better motor,
and i'm not to worried about it not having enough sport, if i wanna ride a racer, i've got the ds, i just want a trail machine that i can play in the mud with, and not have to worry about being way far behind the ds on long rides,

Old 06-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yes they are sold as a sport quad, before the pred. came along they were polaris's bad boy, they are o.k. for backwoods exploring witha bit of speed thrown in. It was fine till everybody around here started buying sport quads, I didn't appreciate the handling or lack of straightaway speed. These things probobly would not have soured me as much, but the dealer told me I needed to ride harder is all, but he declined to go for a ride with me to show me how. Also I bought my son a scrambler 50, that quit running in a month, spent three months outside at the dealer before I fixed it. Yes I did contact Polaris, after 100 e-mails and 3 hours on the phone with them I gave up. I find all of this hard to believe myself, my friends have had good luck with Polaris, but when you get that bad of a taste in your mouth you tend to be a little sour .

Old 06-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

like i said, i'm not to worried about it being sporty, i'm not buying it for its sportyness alone, i'm going for the utility part as well, hell, last time i went out wit my bro(on the ds) n his buds(ds and 400ex) i was on my uncles traxtor, and i didn't do tooo overly bad, and i know a scrambler would be faster and better handling than the traxtor(or tankster as we like to call it), i just want something that will still b fun to ride, that can do some pulling and mudding

Old 06-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Redbullssg
I would like to take you for a ride!!! I know for a fact that the sportsman won't jump better, it definatly isn't quiker, and it can't climb hills better. The things that I can tell you it can do better, is climb rocks, pull, mud, work, that is for sure!!!
I can always use a new person to ride with [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], If your close to Minnesota I might be able to

I could see this being true about your Scrambler, but stock for stock (400 Scram vs 700 carb)...

My Scrambler is really front heavy, I only jump if I know I will land on a downhill ( might have to try that shock setup you have, whats under the front covers?).

Quickness I have the Sportsman on fairly easily ( on my 400), but when the acceleration quits the Sportsman reels me in and passes quicker than I expected.

Hill climbs really depend on the hill, but the Scrambler does do pretty well on them.

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a Scrambler?????