Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bring on the RAIN !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bring on the RAIN !!!

I don't know about you folks but here in Wisconsin it's been raining so much I've been wondering if I could put my house on stilts...
The trails aren't just wet, there FLOODED, if you like to slosh thru mudholes and small ponds this has been your year !
I think most people will agree Polaris rules in deep mud, I've really got my kicks this year driving past stuck honda's and yamaha's. I've been amazed at what I've driven thru... lean back and let the front ride up a little, full power, and I've gone thru water at least as deep as the top of the seat....

Let it rain !!

Old 06-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Range Rover

I like the mud as much as the next guy, but this weather sucks. It's been cold and sh!tty for the past two weeks. I wanna go mudding in some warm sunny weather myself. But believe me, there is plenty of mud to go around!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

I had good intentions of taking the family camping over the weekend, but the weather kept me home. However, we have been in a 5-yr drought and we badly need all the rain / snow we can get.

Mud Story:
A couple of months ago, I went on a trip with family and friends down on the Arizona Strip next to the Grand Canyon (in an ATV friendly area). We had plans of riding in about 40-50 miles, spend the night and then ride out the next day (I did it last year). Anyway, we had to drive on a dirt road for approx. 70 miles before we could unload, however, we made it about 15 miles (in pouring rain) and was pushing mud / people getting stuck, etc. We all turned around and went to the Dominguez / Escalante trail. Long story short - it rained all weekend long and the clay and red mud sticks to you like nobody's business. I still have mud on my bikes and my truck. Everytime my truck gets wet, it drips red mud. But, it was one of the funnest trips I have ever been on.

Old 06-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

I've never had the oportunity to really test the limits of what a sportsman could go thru untill this year. If you put on the throttle, lean back and keep the front end up almost like a wheelie you get quite a bit extra clearence, the rear wheels do most of the work and it just hops across the bottom.... lots of fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

A love my sportsman. I think it's one of the best 4-wheelers made. I have taken it to hell and back and the only thing that has kicked its *** was snow. Two weeks ago, I got really stuck in the snow. I tried with my winch, I pushed, I pulled, I dug (with my hands and kicked with my feet - no shovel), I put limbs and branches under the tires, but to no avail - I was high centered. I ended up putting my two boys, my wife, and me on my 400 and rode back down the mountain to get my truck. Luckily, I was stuck on a dirt road right at the snow line. I was about 100ft. into the snow (3ft deep). I had a long rope and yanked it out of the snow.

Unfortunately, I broke my low range linkage rod and heard some bad sounds coming from under the clutch cover. I fixed the rod and pulled the clutch cover, but everything looked okay. Everything runs smooth now.

Old 06-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nothing but sunshine here in Az [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

I was in black river falls and i was in water over my seat on my prarie 300 4x4 i walked right throught it the only time i ever got stuck was i got hung up in ruts up to my knees. I hope to get an o4 scrabler soon
I think it will go through the water just as good as my prarie does