Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

this isnt so good this time

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this isnt so good this time

well lets see. first i waited for 1 and a hlaf months for my cylinder, in that time i put in new clutch springs and chain and chain tensioner, then i get to riding and guess what, right rear bearing is cracked, so theres another week i cant ride. then my chain pops off, no harm done there it just fell off. next i got a new masterlink and noticed one link was a little stiff but i didnt think anything of it, i sure wish i did, it was right next to the masterlink, well guess what happens next. im flying home about 55 down the road and all the sudden i hear a big noise and the quad shakes real bad. i get off and wheres my chain and whats all that fluid on the road?!?!?!?!?! my chains wrapped around the front sprocket and the fluids tranny fluid. the chain ripped the chunk out of the case where the dip stick is and theres anouther hole somewhere else. its beyond repair. the hole is at least 4-5 inches long. looks like mudmaster isnt riding for a while now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] well i will try to get pics of the carnage but i gotta go so ill update u all later. but BTW the quad was frickin fast when it was up and runnin. dennis shotwell at az badboyz ported it and rick ritter helped me with jetting and hooked me up with springs and a tensioner. its a nice ride but it breaks to frickin much. well im out ttyl you all later

Old 06-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear that. Good luck with it

Old 06-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

things are gonna break before u get it all straightened out and ready to run with the big boys,, like me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

that's about as FUBAR as when I blew the motor up in my cobra. It all started with a failing oil pump [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] THe oil pump failed..causing everything to run hot. Oil starvation spun two bearings HARD, the crank walked while at the same time, overheating cause some major detonation - especially in the #7 cylinder. Lifted the ring land which in turn smacked a valve. Due to the crank walking, a rod locked up and bent. Yeah, when my engine builder tore it down he wrote me an email and all it said was "damn doug, you fuc.ked it up good."

That's a LOT of expensive parts on a DOHC cobra motor. A new 900$ crankshaft, a 1400$ set of forged steel rods and pistons. 200$+ worth of ARP bolts. 32 new valves and valve seals.

Yeah, I know what's it like to blow stuff up and it sucks.

Good luck on getting everything back together!

Old 06-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Dont panic so bad!!!! Its not that hard or expensive to fix.Our 250 TB did that and I fixed it for less than $300 new chain and sprockets included.

Old 06-17-2004, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

oh its bad i need a whole new case its beyond repair unless u can get me a case for cheap. or know where to get one. i pulled two big chunks off one was about 4inches wide and about 6 or 7 inches long. ttyl

Old 06-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

A case is around $175 new not too bad but will blow the beer budget for the month.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, it seems like this phrase comes to mind......things are bound to get worse before they get better.......it seems like you get a fourwheeling curse or something....your quad will be down for a few weeks,,then you get the parts in and fix it......ride it for a day or so...then something else goes wrong....wait a few weeks to get parts and fix it....ride a day then something breaks...wait a few weeks and.......................................get my point.....I've been their and done that.........but don't worry...I got my quad running A-1 then went out riding..........20 minutes later.....teeth on front sprocket brakes...6 of them!!!! and chain busts.....now have to wait a few days to get my stuff in to get her back on the trails.......................and when this stuff happens to you..........you find out really how much money you can put in a quad!!!!

Old 06-17-2004, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

EBAY

I have seen several full transmissions

You should be able to use any transmission from any GEN 3 2x4 polaris .

Search them for a scrambler, Sport and trailblazer, Probably even a trailboss or explorer would be the same.

Old 06-18-2004, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

well partsland says 600 for the case or is that the whole tranny?

Quick Reply: this isnt so good this time