Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

U.S forest service may ban ATVs!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U.S forest service may ban ATVs!

don't forget to vote! on the right hand side of the story there is a poll. 66.2% are in our favor.

Old 06-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

Whitewater, Amen baby, Amen!

Those who would deny us access need to be able to point at our misfits to justify their position.
I believe it is up to us, the silent majority to police our own. The courts and the legislators listen to those who scream the loudest, and right now those screams are coming from concerned citizens with deep pockets who are organized, pointing at our faults and claiming that we won't live within the rules. For us to scream "Give us back our privileges" will not save us from losing them. We need to remove the deadly ammo that the eco nuts use against us and leave them with law abiding, self policing, Entitled ATV riders . A few bad apples can ruin the barrel, especially when they number in the thousands.
It's up to us to educate our own that there is a right time and a right place for certain behavior and see to it that it sinks in before we are forced into losing our public land for public use.

Old 06-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Earthbound
Whitewater, Amen baby, Amen!

Those who would deny us access need to be able to point at our misfits to justify their position.
I believe it is up to us, the silent majority to police our own. The courts and the legislators listen to those who scream the loudest, and right now those screams are coming from concerned citizens with deep pockets who are organized, pointing at our faults and claiming that we won't live within the rules. For us to scream "Give us back our privileges" will not save us from losing them. We need to remove the deadly ammo that the eco nuts use against us and leave them with law abiding, self policing, Entitled ATV riders . A few bad apples can ruin the barrel, especially when they number in the thousands.
It's up to us to educate our own that there is a right time and a right place for certain behavior and see to it that it sinks in before we are forced into losing our public land for public use.
Earthbound, Well said and Welcome aboard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lt. Dan

Old 06-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

rescuediver,

The laws that are already on the books dont bav ATV's per se, only the places we're allowed to ride them. For example, one of my favorite places to ride are the timberlands of southeastern Oklahoma. We have hundreds of thousands of acres to play in. But, technically, legally, we're not supposed to be on those roads and trails with our ATV's because, technically they are county roads. They allow us full access at their discretion and they can stop us at any time. All the state need do is enforce the laws that are already in place and we lose all those acres of riding area.

And if you dont think the timber companies take it seriously, just damage a few or their precious pines. We'll be out of there like poop thru a goose. Mess with their money and you get their attention.

The point is, it's not that tough to head this threat off. Just use our heads, and make those we ride with use theirs. It isnt rocket science. It's just taking care of the land like it was our own. It's all about respect.

Keith

Old 06-26-2004, 03:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Heywood
rescuediver,
All the state need do is enforce the laws that are already in place and we lose all those acres of riding area.

And if you dont think the timber companies take it seriously, just damage a few or their precious pines. We'll be out of there like poop thru a goose. Mess with their money and you get their attention.

The point is, it's not that tough to head this threat off. Just use our heads, and make those we ride with use theirs. It isnt rocket science. It's just taking care of the land like it was our own. It's all about respect.

Keith
I am not at all familiar with laws outside of Ca. it is unfortunant to live under a cloud like that though.
I do agree that it all starts with respect and that society, as a whole, has less of it. Especially if it does not belong to them.

Old 06-26-2004, 06:10 AM
Pro Rider

Okay guys, come November we ALL need to be in the voting booth. George Dubaya Bush is the best friend ATVers have, and he needs to be re-elected. If John Kerry gets elected, we might as well turn in our guns, our quads, and our paychecks to the US Government.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I would think that it might be even worse in California than here in Oklahoma. We dont have the numbers of enviro-***** that you have to contend with on the west coast. I'd hate to see anyone, regardless of their location, lose access to their trails.

And wiley, I agree. We all need to register and vote. The worst thing that could happen would be to lose our rights while we sit on the sidelines and watch.

keith

Old 06-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: Heywood
I would think that it might be even worse in California than here in Oklahoma. We dont have the numbers of enviro-***** that you have to contend with on the west coast.

You are right, we do have an over abundance of liberal,enviro-****, tree-hunging people. We do fight literally everyday for our rights. They are attacking our riding areas all the time. Groups are formed to combat the liberals. It's always an on-going battle to keep Ocean/Pismo dunes open, along with other riding areas. The forest service just did a land swap up in the Stanislaus National Forest outside of Dorrington. The trails were to close or should I say, homes were built to close to the trails. So, after much debating instead of loosing the riding area altogether, they moved the trails away from the populated area. Not saying it didn't effect our riding, but the compromise did take everyone into account and they didn't just say, "no more riding" It could have been worse.
On the flip side, we do have a lot of riding areas open to us that are run by the local, state and federal gov't. And no matter how people feel about their $25.00 every other year registration, the money does provide a lot of revenue to keep the areas open and in some cases expanding or providing better services.
Times are changing, we need to be mature and act responsible. So that, when we are attacked, we don't just loose the all out war on taking away riding areas. And like what was said, "VOTE" not everyone who rides an ATV or m/c is old enough to vote, but, we are all old enough to try and help preserve our rights to ride. Enough said. Lt. Dan

Old 06-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ANTI ATV WEB SITE these people make me sick.