Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Put Cone Filter On 04' Pred 500....yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put Cone Filter On 04' Pred 500....yes or no?

head027 - if you are going to keep trashing us do me a favor spell our name right!! RATH !! to the rest of you guys we have tried numerous intakes off other machines. The reason we developed our intake which includes a billet flange that fits into the stock intake boot and then adapts to a K&N or dual stage foam filter. We went with the flange because the intake boot and the air cleaner are shaped differently the flange allows a perfect fit with step ridges machined around it to allow it to seal better without falling off and risking engine ruin. Putting an air cleaner back above the airbox it protects the air cleaner from mud water splash etc. which will help motor durability. Most engine builders prefer using an intake track instead of clamp on air cleaner because they are easier to jet, and it aslo builds speed in the air traveling into the carb. There are many inexpensive ways to do it, just check around to see what will work with your type of riding.
Hope you all have a great 4th of July! Jennifer Rath

Old 07-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for posting over here JenGirl. Welcome.

Glad to hear your professional opinion that comes from experience of developing great Rath Products.

Rath Racing dot com has a great predator chat forum too, keep up the good work.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Heapster
Thanks for posting over here JenGirl. Welcome.

Glad to hear your professional opinion that comes from experience of developing great Rath Products.

Rath Racing dot com has a great predator chat forum too, keep up the good work.
dido that. i have ordered a few diffrent things from rathracing.com and the service and products have been GREAT! its good to see nice well built goods for the pred. thanks rath[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jengirl
head027 - if you are going to keep trashing us do me a favor spell our name right!! RATH !! to the rest of you guys we have tried numerous intakes off other machines. The reason we developed our intake which includes a billet flange that fits into the stock intake boot and then adapts to a K&N or dual stage foam filter. We went with the flange because the intake boot and the air cleaner are shaped differently the flange allows a perfect fit with step ridges machined around it to allow it to seal better without falling off and risking engine ruin. Putting an air cleaner back above the airbox it protects the air cleaner from mud water splash etc. which will help motor durability. Most engine builders prefer using an intake track instead of clamp on air cleaner because they are easier to jet, and it aslo builds speed in the air traveling into the carb. There are many inexpensive ways to do it, just check around to see what will work with your type of riding.
Hope you all have a great 4th of July! Jennifer Rath
I am not trying to trash you Mrs. "RATH" but I just haven't seen anything I liked that you guys have made so I am not going to lie and tell everyone that you are great. The one other thing I like besides your footpegs are the Rath gripper seat covers...too bad they say Rath. N-Style had some nice ones they said they had but you couldn't order them because they never made them.

Old 07-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Guess she isn't going to reply. One other thing you should know is you should stop selling those edelbrock carbs they are hurting the look of predators everywhere. I have seen so many preds with the edlebrock and all it has is low end. You see all these preds lined up to drag race and they get smoked because of this. You can get way better hp and performance from the stock carb. So anyone planning of buying this carb DONT do it. I don't think Rath even knows how this carb works he just has it made and sells it. I am not bashing on Rath I just think he needs to know what he is making and make stuff that works. You don't want me to start bashing on Rath either I know some dirt on him and I will never trust that guy.

Old 07-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Head, I hope you get a killer discount for all the advertising you do. As far as the edelbrock carb goes, guess what?? EDELBROCK makes it!! If you don't think they know what they're doing, I KNOW you know nothing about engines..

Jengirl, maybe one day head will go somewhere credible and race someone credible. At least rath actually races outside of iowa. Make him explain how a vaccum slide works. Personally, I don't understand why you guys don't go to fcr's. Or do what I'm trying to get done. Get the megasquirt fuel injection computer(under $100 last time i checked), and put a nice closed loop fuel injection system together. With a wideband o2, you'd only have to get close on the fuel curves, and it can tune realtime.

Old 07-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Well, looks like prices went up for a fully completed kit, but you can build your own. check it out.
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

fully completed fuel injection computer system
http://www.a-e-a.com./new_page_2.htm
$500 for Control Box version 2.2, w/durable powder coat finish
Relay Box, for easy install, w/durable powder coat finish
4ft. Interconnect cable with machine crimp connectors
Shielded tach signal cable
2.5 Bar External Mounted Map Sensor
Coolant Temperature Sensor with 3ft. connector
Manifold Air Temperature Sensor with 3ft. connector
Megatune software
Completely assembled and tested
Easy to follow instructions
Advance Electronic Assembly technical support
1 Year Limited Warranty
Retail Price: $500.00 & $19.95 Shipping & Handling

then run a fuel system, and either modify a carb or machine a throttle body. If you modify a carb, look into gm stepper motors and ac solenoids to control the idle. Haven't gotten a good throttle body yet, but billet chunks are cheap. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Tough to run solidworks with no experience or training.

"You don't want me to start bashing on Rath either I know some dirt on him and I will never trust that guy. " How old are you?? 14?? Certainly looks like it. Doug, this is bad advertising for you.

Old 07-07-2004, 12:55 AM
EAB
Pro Rider

heapster.... picture #3 is sweet, Im not a fan of the gray Pred, but I like the red and black. Also thats a funny lookin satelite dish in the yard in #6....

Old 07-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Actually I am 16 and this isn't bad advertising for him because I am not even advertising him. I am just saying my opinion on rath and his products and last I checked I am allowed to do that. The carb isn't worth the money. You don't have to know much about engines to see how the edelbrock works. (put it on u have tons of low end...thats it. whats the point?) You say it seems like I am only 14 well I wonder how old rath was when he raced an HPD quad for the season and was supposed to give it back to HPD and ended up selling the freakin quad and even advertised it in dirtwheels.(for those who dont understand what this means, it means he stole the quad) Yeah that sounds real adult right there. Sure glad I trust this guy and the products he sells. One other thing I have raced outside of Iowa. I also know of people all over the US that have preds and send their stuff to Doug to work on and they are getting the same results as me. Keep bashing on me if u must because I could care less. You seem to follow my posts around and take about every chance u can to tell me I am wrong. Give it up. Call me whatever u wanna call me but I just don't see how that is any more man of you than me just posting my opinions and stuff I know about. You are the one doing the bashing...acting "childish". "How old are you? 14?".....haha come on man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Following from post to post? Naah.. In fact, I rarely post in the polaris forum. Please tell me after your constant antics in the yamaha forum, you're not going to get high and mighty on me in the polaris forum. Now, maybe if you're starting shiz in yamaha, i might respond to that. Hmm... It reflects poorly on his business when one of his biggest mouthpieces runs around and bashes everyone and everything. Kinda like when ken felt the need to rip esuperbikeshop constantly. Amazing that I'm telling you how to build your own programmable fuel injection system for CHEAP and you have no interest in it. Think about not jetting for elevation, or temp change. Plug in a laptop and reprogram after cam changes, headwork, etc... Seeing how the whole thing is open source, you can modify for anything you want. I think you can do datalogging with it too. It would also eliminate that stuttering any vaccum slide carb gets when it lands from a large jump. If you jump as big as you say, you've felt it.
ps. if you want more top end, run a bigger diameter carb. or have the edelbrock machined.

By the way, are any of you running an fcr or lectron? I'm trying to get a friend to put a fcr on his predator, but he doesn't want to spend the money. A pumper carb should work like a champ on predators too. If so, what diameter did you use, and did you have any fitment problems?

Quick Reply: Put Cone Filter On 04' Pred 500....yes or no?