Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Put Cone Filter On 04' Pred 500....yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put Cone Filter On 04' Pred 500....yes or no?

Well it always gets interesting when I finally post something instead of just read them. You guys thanks for the welcoming and I am glad I can help. The answer to the carb deal is an easy one...as everyone knows with the entry level quads becoming available there are alot of newbies buying parts for their sport bikes. Daryl has worked with many carbs the edelbrock carb which is made by EDELBROCK is actually one of the most rider friendly available. They bolt right on to the stock parts on the Predator, the FCR does not. The FCR carb is a great choice for someone with a little better handle on how the engine runs and can make the right adjustments. We actually run both FCRs and edelbrock carbs, very happy with both. We have some different bikes with different motors example the 450 Production Class bike, the 590 Open bike, and a few other ones Daryl is currently building. Daryl has found that certian motors run better with a FCR while others run better with the Edelbrock. I am surprised that since he doesn't know how the Edelbrock works and it is junk, he placed 3rd in the nation running it!!
Head you really stepped on your dick this time....you are 16 now right? Well Daryl has been racing for Polaris with the Predator for three years now that puts you back to 13. He had the deal with HPD you think you know so much about in 1997... that makes you 9 at that time..did you really get out of Iowa that much at 9??So yes you and ALL your years of experience are talking in the posts you have made. So talk all the trash you want, it will become important to me and most of the other readers here when it really matters, or better yet when you have a clue.
Sorry to the rest of you...I will get off the soapbox now!!----

Old 07-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

that was cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jengirl
Well it always gets interesting when I finally post something instead of just read them. You guys thanks for the welcoming and I am glad I can help. The answer to the carb deal is an easy one...as everyone knows with the entry level quads becoming available there are alot of newbies buying parts for their sport bikes. Daryl has worked with many carbs the edelbrock carb which is made by EDELBROCK is actually one of the most rider friendly available. They bolt right on to the stock parts on the Predator, the FCR does not. The FCR carb is a great choice for someone with a little better handle on how the engine runs and can make the right adjustments. We actually run both FCRs and edelbrock carbs, very happy with both. We have some different bikes with different motors example the 450 Production Class bike, the 590 Open bike, and a few other ones Daryl is currently building. Daryl has found that certian motors run better with a FCR while others run better with the Edelbrock. I am surprised that since he doesn't know how the Edelbrock works and it is junk, he placed 3rd in the nation running it!!
Head you really stepped on your dick this time....you are 16 now right? Well Daryl has been racing for Polaris with the Predator for three years now that puts you back to 13. He had the deal with HPD you think you know so much about in 1997... that makes you 9 at that time..did you really get out of Iowa that much at 9??So yes you and ALL your years of experience are talking in the posts you have made. So talk all the trash you want, it will become important to me and most of the other readers here when it really matters, or better yet when you have a clue.
Sorry to the rest of you...I will get off the soapbox now!!----
Really it doesn't matter how old I was or how old I am. And the deal with HPD lol, all you said about that was that i was 9 when it happened. Big deal it still happened and thats a fact. I guess according to you though, it doesn't matter if you are old enough to know better and do the right thing, just as long as you are old enough. Yeah that makes a lot of sence...NOT. Getting out of Iowa had nothing to do with what Rath did. I am still trying to figure out howI stepped on my dick? You also said my experience comes from posts I have made. Well I have only made one post on here and that was just showing pics of me riding. I just reply to other peoples post. I have been to other states and raced and have watched races all over. You have no idea what my experience is. Most of it comes from Doug Nicholas, the guy who is probably the best when it comes to the predator. So I have a pretty good idea of what is going on.

To NJRaptor419, that computer thing you are talking about I am not sure what it is but I know Doug has a CDI that he programs on his computer and he can set it to whatever curves he wants and set it up for what ever type of motor he has put together. Doug uses the lectron carb in his drag preds. IT works great for that. By the way if you are telling me about your free advice I don't need it. I am also guessing I have raced many people more credible than u ever have.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Jengirl.... Im thinking of running a mikuni tm45 carb . Has Rath run this carb on a pred yet? Thank you !

Old 07-08-2004, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Okay I was trying to be nice but after reading this a few more times I don't even care. You say I am only 16 so I don't know anything...ok so you want to be like that...edited by ATV Connection Moderator. Yeah I don't think you want to be looked at like that so give me some credit. Also Rath got 3rd in the nation in what? Old man class? That is what he is...an old man. He doesn't know how the edelbrock works. It is not rider friendly. Yeah it bolts right on...you will suck sand, dirt, and whatever else and ruin your engine if you just bolt it on. IT is a b!tch to get on. You are also dissing on me for saying I only race in iowa...even though this isnt true. Have you ever heard of Nate Freeze, Jordan Vansyce, and there are many others? They would smoke Rath in a mx race. Heck I wouldnt even mind going up against him in a race. You are the one that has no clue.

Old 07-08-2004, 03:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Lets try and keep it civilized in here guys. This started out as a good legit topic and got WAY off topic!

Old 07-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I guess you really don't know too much about engines. Sorry. What you're referring to is reprogramming the ignition. I'm sure you don't need my advice, since we all know how much better carbs are than injection. Just look at all the 2005 cars that come with carbs. As for racing, I don't come into every polaris post and say how much faster I am with a yamaha. Am I fast? Yea. If I went to FSW, Sandfest, ATPN, etc. and raced a sparks, craycraft, powroll, etc bike, would I still be fast? No. Try it one day. It may open your eyes.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

Head Ok you just keep getting smarter and smarter.. Rath (the old man) Place 3rd in the Open Pro class and 4th in the Pro production. If I were you I would be careful calling those classes the old man classes. As for Nate Freese yeah a GREAT kid we even sponsor him!!
Sand45- Daryl has just started playing around and testing the TM 45 Carb, so far results have been good. The real test will be the National in Danville this weekend. Daryl is going to run it on one of the bikes (the 590). You'll have to check back on Monday for the real product update and report. A true track test! Like I posted earlier Daryl has been running many different carbs with different motors with different results. If you really want some in depth answers or opinons on what has worked well just call us, afternoon are the best to get Daryl on the phone.

Old 07-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks alot Jengirl. I will call and find out more.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]