Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Enviro Nazis

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2000, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

while we argue amungst ourselves, about whos last longer ride better and all that the tree huggers are working very hard to keep anyone off land, not just atvers but campers , mountain bikers, they all have to worry, they do not even like people being able to buy land and build homes in the outskirts of towns. I work at a media company and I read allot of stories on enviro ***** it is scary, vote in GWB for president, Al Gore, will have us not even being able to start our atv's on our own land. I recently came across a news story in Oregon were, the enviromentalists are having a fit over were people are building homes, it was very disturbing to know that large well connected and well funded groups would basically have all people live in scrunched up towns , with no one being able to choose to live anywhere but were they deem not to bad! they were mad because people are building in the hills and mountains. Actually being able to make a good living and afford to buy some nice land and build a home in the quite woods.

Old 08-09-2000, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Ya we have to get out and "Push Bush". Not easy, my dad would vote for Hitler if he was a democrat.

Old 08-09-2000, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

It's hard for us Democrates who voted for Nixon!
I'm not sure Bush ,being a rich,Republican, can even relate to the common working man...still he's better than Gore and HIS crusade!!

Old 08-09-2000, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Growing up in the south, I know people who vote democrat no matter what! Its this kind of mentality that is hard to fight.

If we could only get people half as fired up as they get on some of the "which is better Honda or Polaris" type discussions, it would be great.

Vote Bush the "lesser" evil

Old 08-09-2000, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

I come from a family that traditionally votes Democratic, but I'm working to change that. Everyone is cutting on Bush for being rich. Don't think for a minute that Al Gore has blisters on his hands from working. (Maybe from other things. Have you ever heard his wife speak?). Bush may not be perfect, but he will definetly get this country back to where the lawyers and liberal special interest groups are not controlling the country. Look at the whole package under the current administration and expect more of this crap if Gore gets elected. For Gods sake, under the Clinton/Gore defense plan, soldiers in the services are on food stamps. How is this helping the working joes. Not at all. What Al Gore doesn't understand is that the infernal combustion engine (as he refers to it) is what drives this economy. Stop gasoline engines, the country stops. Sorry for rambling. I get fired up over this topic. Vote!

Old 08-09-2000, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Down here in the "Deep South" just about everyone I know is a an anti-democrat. Billy Joe-Bob Clinton has turned the South's collective stomach for the last 8 years, and we're all ready for the change.
The timber industry is the largest employer in the state of Alabama, and to hear some tree hugging kook talking about ending all outdoor activities, well, it wouldn't be pretty...

Old 08-10-2000, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

NOW IM P*SSED! I hang on the internet almost everyday learning more and more everytime. I only have an ATC 110, (ha ha very funny) IM ONLY 14, and for the next 2 years, i can only dream of a SP500.

I dont know what you guys are thinking but I can easily agree with them on the fact that people should stop building up the country and outer suburbs. It's the land i ride on! BUT, I'm not gonna go out and stop people from doing it. I don't want to start a fight at all, but the following is just my opinion. YOU GUUYS MEAN TO TELL ME YOU LIKE THE FACT PEOPLE ARE BUILDING UP THE ONLY PLACES THAT YOU CAN GO NEAR TOWN TO ENJOY THE OUTDOORS? Im not trying to sound corny at all but Im still a kid, and I have 93% of my fun out side. In Garfield Heights (my city) 95% of the houses were built in the 1920's through 1960's. There currently is only 2 more decent plots of land lefft in a city with about 45,000+ people in it. THEY ARE NOW STARTIN PHASE ONE OF FIVE IN BUILDING UP ON THE RIDING AREA. I hate it! I do mostly MOUNTAIN BIKING (minus the mountain) in these areas. I love that too. Since I do work at a bike shop, I can get pretty much all i want right away.

Which brings me to my next point... WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU BAN MOUNTAIN BIKING? OUT OF ALL THINGS !!?? They could easily make a law that you can't ride when it's muddy, cause that's the only time I leave tracks! With the proper respect for the out doors, the is NO WAY a bike can do harm to the environment.I RESPECT AND EJOY THE OUTDOORS>... I WANT TO ALWAYS BE ABLE TO!!!

Thanks for reading my comments. I hope someone realizes my point. In the words of CARTMAN,..." I CAN'T TAKE ALL THIS TREE HUGGIN HIPPIE CRAP!"

1999 Haro Escape
Shimano XTR V-Brakes, XT Hubs, XT Derailiers, Race Face Crank, Chris King Headset, Rock Shox Judy XC fork (soon to be WHITE Bros.)

1983 ATC 110 (i can go faster on my bike)(seriously)

HIPPIES SUCK

Old 08-10-2000, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Hey all you Red blooded amaricans do us all a favor And VOTE. This is for the people who don,t have the right to vote. At least you can make the difference.

Old 08-10-2000, 05:24 AM
Trailblazer

ChopperBill:

I don't see hoe anyone who pays taxes can everthink about voting Democratic.........the Demos's are tree huggers, the anti gunners, anti gas powered vehicles, etc.

I can see how ssomeone could have been stupid enough to vote for clinton the first time, but not the 2nd or god for bid GORE!

If you want to see all the forests closed to ATV's and want to turn in your weapons like in Austrailia where armed robberies are up 84% vote for gore.

Hugh

Old 08-10-2000, 05:27 AM
Trailblazer

ChopperBill:

I don't see hoe anyone who pays taxes can everthink about voting Democratic.........the Demos's are tree huggers, the anti gunners, anti gas powered vehicles, etc.

I can see how someone could have been stupid enough to vote for clinton the first time, but not the 2nd or god for bid GORE!

If you want to see all the forests closed to ATV's and want to turn in your weapons like in Austrailia where armed robberies are up 84% vote for gore.

Hugh

Quick Reply: Enviro Nazis