Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

450R or Predator -- Need to decide, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450R or Predator -- Need to decide, please help!

Originally posted by: joelrichard50
I have had my 450r for about 2 months. My wife just brought home a predapuss. I asked her to trade and she shot me down. I will get to ride it a little, I hope.

If the r had electric start it would be different. Don't consider the hard seat cuz the 500 seat sucks, also.
Acutually, comfortwise I have to say the Pred seat is the plushest seat on a sport quad I've rode yet. The yfz,trx, and the Z all fella pretty firm. Although I have to say I'm not a big baby when it comes to seat firmness. I come from the dirtbike community, and if you think the yfz/trx seat is hard.....don't even bother ever sitting on a dirtbike seat! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol Those as well as the seats on the new race quads are designed as just somewhere to put your rump when you HAVE to sit down. They are designed to be stand up machines. I still always stand 90% of the time when I ride......Just habit, and how I feel comfortable. I don't know how people sit down all the time like that....

Old 07-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Daren420
I didn't know that the Predator came with rolled edge Douglas. That is definitely a lot better wheel than a standard Douglas.

I agree with the tire thing. I don't like the Dunlops on the R. My favorite knobby used to be the Ohtsu 501s (400ex, 250R) but now my favorite rubber is the YFZ 450 Dunlop rears.
Yeah I LOVE the stock tires on the Yfz. Those things are like dirtbike treads! My buddy's left TRENCHS in my track!

Old 07-10-2004, 05:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Originally posted by: Flynbryan
Originally posted by: joelrichard50
I have had my 450r for about 2 months. My wife just brought home a predapuss. I asked her to trade and she shot me down. I will get to ride it a little, I hope.

If the r had electric start it would be different. Don't consider the hard seat cuz the 500 seat sucks, also.
Acutually, comfortwise I have to say the Pred seat is the plushest seat on a sport quad I've rode yet. The yfz,trx, and the Z all fella pretty firm. Although I have to say I'm not a big baby when it comes to seat firmness. I come from the dirtbike community, and if you think the yfz/trx seat is hard.....don't even bother ever sitting on a dirtbike seat! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol Those as well as the seats on the new race quads are designed as just somewhere to put your rump when you HAVE to sit down. They are designed to be stand up machines. I still always stand 90% of the time when I ride......Just habit, and how I feel comfortable. I don't know how people sit down all the time like that....
I agree you should stand up when riding fast but after 5 hors in the dunes you might want to sit a little while. At that point aseat will matter.

Old 07-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

i had one for allmost a month and i tell u what a bike but any time ya wana bring a 450 out to get smoked give me a call and anyone who drove the pred for five min. would be takein it home

Old 07-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol... your pred isnt going to smoke a 450... trust me... i got both.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

PRED all the way, As for tires- get the 50th annv. edition pred then, It comes with an all new style maxxis tires front and back.
someone stated a rumor about the 05 pred with reverse this is 100% true It will have reverse. Also I found out that polaris is going to be releasing two more new styed preds besides The current standard model, The troy lee model, The dale earnhardt model, And the 50th annv.model. They are going to release a 500-R street version pred only being sold to states which allow quads as an everyday street vehicle like in other countrys, which I have seen first hand on a website somewhere which I apologize I cannot remember right this minute but I will try and look for it and post it they show pics of It. Also my dealer told me that right now there is a proto type 450-R pred that is possibly due out in the future all due to the racing restrictions of a 450 class otherwise you can buy the current kit to make your 03 and 04 preds legal for that class just my 10 cents............................................. .....................................ppppreddddddd dddddddddddddddd

Old 07-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

reverse??? 500r???? 450r????
all rumors... i will believe it all when it is officially released, or i see it first hand.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: predatorrr
i had one for allmost a month and i tell u what a bike but any time ya wana bring a 450 out to get smoked give me a call and anyone who drove the pred for five min. would be takein it home
yer funi

Old 07-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

haha

Old 07-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

im assuming hozed dosent like his predator anymore. he laughs when ppl insult it.

Quick Reply: 450R or Predator -- Need to decide, please help!