Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator leaking from weep hole.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator leaking from weep hole.

Well it finally happened, I finally passed the 15 hour mark on my Predator and then Saturday I started it up in the garage and after pulling it out I saw antifreeze on the floor and antifreeze coming out of the weep hole.

The leaking stopped when the motor warmed up but I'm still worried about joining the rest of you with the first 2003 Predators with cracked heads. The dealer says they know nothing about that issue. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully it is just a water pump gasket like the are guessing but I'm thinking the worst that way it can only get better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2004, 01:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Normally if it's the weephole on the LH side it's the head....or gasket. Sigh, keep a close watch.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

They told me they should have an opening on the 23rd but I could bring it sooner just in case. Well they have had it for almost 2 weeks now without a call. I'll have to give them a ring to see what's up.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Well I swung by the dealers today and they said they expect the head and gasket there tomorrow and that I should have my machine for the weekend. They even were able to get Polaris to send a sticker to replace the bubbled one that my old dealer was supposed to replace over 12 months ago! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Whooooohoooooo!!!

The funny part was they didn't beleive a word I said about it being the head and at one point made a little comment about getting info off the web. They were all smiles today and were extremely nice. My aftercare Extended warrenty took care of the cracked head and work. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I cannot beleive how it was like clock work where I hit the 15 hour mrk and it cracked. Wierd stuff!

Too bad Polaris wouldn't send the 2005 tranny and have them throw that in too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

Eek Bad news. the worker I spoke with was wrong and this time they pulled the work order. Looks like I bent 2 valves due to the cam gear slipping on the cam. They have a new cam and valvs coming. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Worst part is I have not even hit the 20 hour mark yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TLDPredator
Eek Bad news. the worker I spoke with was wrong and this time they pulled the work order. Looks like I bent 2 valves due to the cam gear slipping on the cam. They have a new cam and valvs coming. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Worst part is I have not even hit the 20 hour mark yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
WHERE U FROM????????????????

Old 08-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Northwest Wisconsin, Iron River has been our favorite so far.