Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New TLD Predators are going to be very quick:)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TLD Predators are going to be very quick:)

Originally posted by: scrambler123
yeah anyhting can be built to go fast with enough power. But when a light bike is building the same amount of power its going to be much quicker."weight is an issue but if you know what your doing its not" what is that supposed to mean anyone who knows what they're doing realizes that weight is a huge key in going fast and keeps their bikes light.
When you start modding the pred you can get the weight down its not hard many things you can change out. 415lbs is nothing. The YFZ may be 350lbs dry but whats the wet weight?

Bring the weight down on the pred with new gear add mods(600cc big bore etc), mod the YFZ/450r and i will put money on the larger displacement motor.

Just like my mustang i have a 289ci V8 a guy with a boss 429 mustang (and the boss is heavier) he will had my *** to me. There is no replacement for displacement... Trust me, been around cars,motorcycles,ATVs all my life.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

tr500 you say weight is not an issue if you know what you're doing in one post, then in the next you say that you need to drop the weight on the pred???

Old 07-23-2004, 12:40 AM
Range Rover

Awh man. I hope the new seat and steering will fit my machine... my steering is bent a little from a crash I had, so it needs replacement... might as well make the seating better too... and the new seat, I'd be interested in that too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm choked about reverse, though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And what exactly is a rachet shifter? It looks the same to me... maybe I'm missing something. They should hire Suzuki to make their gearboxes, my GSX-R shifts like a dream.

Old 07-23-2004, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

I actually respect the predator now. not only on par with a DS and a Raptor, I might like it better now depending on how that tranny pulls it now. And a Chrome moly axle. I think Polaris has done a great job to keep improving this quad and make it a great trail machine, on par with the DS and Rappy, and better than a Z400.

Old 07-23-2004, 05:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scrambler123
tr500 you say weight is not an issue if you know what you're doing in one post, then in the next you say that you need to drop the weight on the pred???
Ok if the YFZ has a lower weight why not even it up and put the pred on a diet?

If the predator makes more power its 415lbs will be pulled around with ease, i'm not sure if your up to speed with Cars and Bikes, if you are you will know how much of a difference this close ratio tranny is going to help...

Like i said it all comes down to power and torque, i have seen F-350s with the power stroke in them and they run 12s in the quarter mile they didn't put the truck on a diet, so maybe weight isn't that big of an issue. don't get me wrong weight effects many things but if the power is there it becomes a non issue.

Well you can reply all you want but i'm done with this weight deal, I'm beating a dead horse[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Pro Rider

no offense taken. They guys on the 'Bomb board asked for more pics.

Old 07-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

it is rolling resistance wich any high performances factory are about now,weight it til you want,if the proper suspension tricks are done
any vehicules will run his best,that a matter of how it hold together but keep rolling resistance down and it can move fast even faster on top cauze of the extra weight.

Old 07-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

just one step closer to being a raptor clone.

I mean cmon...they look alike, both named after a dinosaur...need i say more?!

raptor is still >

although the extra aftermarket stuff is nice.

Old 07-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Too each their own. But the Raptor was made to compete with the big bore 'Bomb. Which it failed at. 01 Raptors are a joke, then "farmer" Polaris knocks the Raptor back again. Polaris is no joke any longer. It's Yamaha's engineering, reliability & build quality that's the joke now. My how times change.

Old 07-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

raptor clone, are you kidding ? Put the Pred and raptor side by side and tell me its a clone.

Quick Reply: New TLD Predators are going to be very quick:)