Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris EFI or Suzuki fule injection

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris EFI or Suzuki fule injection

Originally posted by: BareTread
NO AMERICAN vehicle no matter if its a car or atv, will outlast a jap vehicle.
I think that is a rather bold statement. And you say not to get too cocky? There are some people that respect the American vehicles, and if the US didn't purchase Japanese vehicles, they would lose a very large percentage of their business. I see Japanese, not "jap" vehicles broken down all the time, I see them in junkyards, I've seen late 80's Japanese vehicles in trash heaps, and do you know how many late 80's American cars are still around? Plenty. So until the facts change, I will stick behind them!

And maybe Japanese manufacturers will pass GM in world sales, but General Motors, Ford, and Daimler-Chrystler will keep the upper hand in the US for a long time, some Americans tend to have a loyalty to keeping their own economy going, not the economy of Japan...

Old 08-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Stuzilla and I agree 100%

Old 08-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The Sportsman uses a Bosch EFI system from what I have been told. Not sure what the zuki uses. But Polaris did the smart thing and let a well known experienced company make the EFI instead of using the public as the quienie pig.

Old 08-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No kidding, nice statement......they won't pass the Ford and GM........and if they do, this is a sad country. It is already turning that way, too many people are importing into this country, and everyone is buying the jap crap too. I realize that some of polaris parts are made overseas, but atleast we try to buy a quad that is built in the US(somewhat anyways), instead of buying a fully jap quad. I am soo stubborn, that I wouldn't even admit that the japs are about to take over the Ford and GM companines.....why in the world would you want to believe that. It is stupid that toyota is getting into nascar too. All we need is Ford and Chevy. Now-a-days the vehicles may last as long, but 10yrs ago, that wasn't true. Chevy and Ford trucks used to last forever, back when they were made of good ol' steel. The foreign trucks aren't made to work, or made user-friendly either(for the people that buy a truck to work).....I mean do you get a 3/4 ton truck, that is a 6.0L diesel, with a nice box, and good tires........and warranty......and also a place to work on them is close by, not half way across the state, parts are easy to get too.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Range Rover

bradracer they all ready have past ford and they will pass GM. i didnt say they are taking over anybody, just that they are kicking every ones *** insales. dodge heavy-duties with cummins diesels are better then ford and the chevy duramax which is by the way powered by isuzu. isuzu is japanese incase you didnt know

also, if you think they are not for work think again. clearly you havent seen the titan. it comes with sprayed on beliner and a bed rack thing thats made for work. also that will flat out destroy a chevy or ford 1500 in a race, or towing or anything else. my beloved hemi powered ram has a hard time beating it in a race and it has more horsepower then the titan. it also comes with heavy duty off-road stuff like rancho shocks and dana axels and some other crap. its really a nice truck and its made in mississippi. your chevy or ford or whatever is probably made in mexico. my old ram was. the foreign companies are starting to have my plants over here than our own companies are. i hate to admit it but its true. i just wish they were built like they used to be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2004, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that I care to enter into this truck discussion but becareful what you call an "American" truck because it can bite you in the butt. Toyota & Nissain build vehicles here in the US. As for ATV's, Kawasaki and I believe the other 3 ATV manufacutures build some models n the USA. If you check you average Chevy you will see it was built in either Mexico or Canada.

Anyway, just buy what you want and like and get off the whole built in the USA thing because there are plenty of US workers turning out Nissains, Toyotas and Kawasaki's right here in the USA.

Old 08-06-2004, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rawzon
Ones American and the other is crap.
What brand uses an archaic two-valve, push-rod motor?

I love my Sportsman, and will buy another, but let's be real here.

Old 08-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

A few thoughts,

IT's not where something is made - it where the profits go afterward. just beacause something is assembled here doesn't make it a USA product.
I've knocked off a few nissan titans, they are a smaller truck but still no match for Hemi Ram.

most importantly, is that a japanese fuel pump in the 700's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with lovemud, just like Harley Davidsons are a usa product my azz. yes, I want to know if the fuel pump on the 700EFI is from across seas also. If it is Polaris needs to shove the damn things right back up those foreigners rears where they came from becaust everyone who has had one go out knows they are crap. we should stick to talking about atv's not which truck manufacturer has a better product.

Old 08-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: WileyCoyote
Originally posted by: Rawzon
Ones American and the other is crap.
What brand uses an archaic two-valve, push-rod motor?
I know the Sportsman Twins use two valves per cylinder, just plain OHV (pushrods) but don't the single cylinder models by Polaris use a 4 valve engine? I know the Predator does, DOHC, but I'm not sure about the other singles like in the 500 HO, etc. I haven't checked into them that much.

But I will say this, from my personal experience, the archaic two-valve push-rod setup is quite reliable. Maybe not the best for performance, but it will last. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Polaris EFI or Suzuki fule injection