Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris EFI or Suzuki fule injection

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris EFI or Suzuki fule injection

Please explain the diff. between these two.

Thank you!

Old 08-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris is the only brand as of right now with a true EFI system. 05' may be different but as for all 04's polaris is the only one producing a fuel injected model.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

I think the Suzuki has been dubbed "fool injection" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

Ones American and the other is crap.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris was the first with EFI, the 05 Suzuki King Quad has it. I don't know if there are any differences in the way they work but both are electronic fuel injection.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Rawzon
Becareful what you say.....Polaris is not all american. FUGI?????? If you look at various parts you will probably see different names for the mfg and some are forgein. And, how do you know the other is crap, it isn't even out yet????? Duh Please don't bash unless you have facts and how can you when the machine is not here yet????? As far as the fuel injection, they are probably the same, but you might want to as NYROC.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

From what I know, the big differences between the two: the most obvious is that the Polaris EFI models are twin cylinders, and the Suzuki is a single. But, that is not all bad. The Suzuki will tend to be very good for torque, and as far as engine layout will be smoother at low RPM's than the Polaris twins. Because the Polaris twins are set up so that the pistons move up and down together, yet have alternate firing orders, it tends to creat more low speed vibration than the single cylinder models, like the Suzuki. From what I know, they are both true fuel injection that use a standard throttle body, they are both automatics, and both have independant rear suspension. The Polaris models do have more ground clearance, and the 2005 models use 26" radial tires, not the usual 25".

I can sit here and make paragraphs and paragraphs on the differences of the models, but the biggest things I already said... the other stuff is more or less what you like more, colors, etc... I do believe that they both use the same type of fuel injection though, and both models look very nice on paper. Oh yeah, the Zuki is cheaper! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Stu

Old 08-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the Polaris twins are not FUGI.

Old 08-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 700vtwinman
Originally posted by: Rawzon
Becareful what you say.....Polaris is not all american. FUGI?????? If you look at various parts you will probably see different names for the mfg and some are forgein. And, how do you know the other is crap, it isn't even out yet????? Duh Please don't bash unless you have facts and how can you when the machine is not here yet????? As far as the fuel injection, they are probably the same, but you might want to as NYROC.

how do i know the other is crap? its suzuki a.k.a. foreign garbage..

Old 08-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

NO AMERICAN vehicle no matter if its a car or atv, outlast a jap vehicle. i do buy american trucks but ive come to realize that japanese are far more reliable then american cars. you can read the facts in automobile magizines. as far as power goes, a nissan titan can keep up with my hemi powered ram, no chevy or ford can. the gooks are making thier vehicles just as powerfull as the american cars. toyota is the second biggest mfg in the worl and will eventually pass GM, you can say what you want but its true. so dont get too cocky.

Quick Reply: Polaris EFI or Suzuki fule injection