Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need new light assembly for 04 Pred TLD

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new light assembly for 04 Pred TLD

Can someone help me out, I broke the plastic piece under one of the lights that is screwed with 2 screws on a bracket that is screwed to the frame.So now the light is not aligned anymore and bounces in the fender also one of the plastic nipples that slides in a hole in a bracket has broken off the light. Lookin for a price for a new light, also I really need a shop manual for my Pred, any online I can download or can get emailed to me, might show me more in detail how to remove my front fenders and other needed info in the future. Thanks . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

As for the lights i can't help ya there. The manual is available on ebay in cd form just do an ebay search for "polaris predator" and you will find it. As for the front fenders that is the easiest of all. You have two torx head (star looking bolt) screws on the plastic that bolt the front cab to the frame ( Look just in front of the shock mounts and you will see them. Then you have a single large torx head screw located under the front plastic (look directly at the front of the pred...if the headlights were eyes, the screw would be between its eyebrows[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]). You will need a lond torx driver to get it. You will NOT have to remove the black plastic from the main body of the fenders.

Good luck on the lights!

Old 07-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

He is correct on how to remove the plastic, one bolt up near the handlebars, and the two near the shocks with nuts on them. If you broke that plastic piece, you probably aren't going to be able to fix it. You could try to plastic weld the piece back on, that is if you have it. The price of a new light, I don't know, but I'm going to bet that you will feel it in your pocket book when you are done. I was thinking about 40-50 Dollars.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks alot guys, the fenders came off easily. As for the light itself I called my Canadian dealer and its $84 bucks for the light and it comes with the bulb. OUCH!!!!!!! As for welding it. No luck, don't have the pieces and they are very small ones at that. Just need to stay out of the trees next time, as for the damage on the quad luckily it was only the light [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] in which a branch forced the light backwards, no other damage at all.