Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Owners Are You Happy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Owners Are You Happy?

I am really considering getting a '05 Predator and was wondering how well everyone has liked their quad so far. I'd like opinions on how well they perform in the dunes since that's pretty much all I ride.

Here's a list of things I would like to know.

1. How well do they climb?
2. How well do they wheelie?
3. What gearing do y'all run?
4. How comfy is the ride?
5. Top speed and acceleration?
6. What paddles do you guys run?
7. Drag racing?

A lot of questions I know but I appreciate any and all replys. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, i have a 04 which i'm very happy with, the 05s seem to be way better then the 04s. I am sure you will be very happy with a 05 with all the upgrades.

Power is that of a 2 stroke it comes on fast and pulls to the top that really brings the fun level up.

I ride my pred on Dunes and MX, i have yet to find a hill it wont climb after the air box mod and K&N filter it made a huge difference (stock they are choked up pretty bad) with the simple mods i did i can now shift while going up the same hill i couldn't before.

Wheelies came easy for me the balance point is knida high once you get used to it you can ride them like a 400ex..

I'm running a 13thooth front stock rear, it really helped bottom end and made the predator quicker.

Top speed is around 74-76, there is no doubt in my mind it will do it i have pushed my predator to its limits a few times...

I will be purchasing some Haulers soon, they seen to work the best.

As for drag racing, if you look on "my page" i have raced a CT racing 440ex built professionally with about 4k in the motor, we would trade wins it came down to who got the hole shot, not bad for 100% bone stock pred at the time i raced him, i also raced a few piped Z400s took them with no problems and a piped, jetted and pro flow raptor we were dead even till top end were he pulled about a 1/2 bike length ahead i was still stock at the time of all these races.

I think you will be happy with a 05, more comfy,faster,reverse and more stock goodies.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ur gonna ride dunes i would get the tld due to the new transmission adn teh suspension

Old 07-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to get the TLD but don't think I could stomach the orange plastic. The best looking TLD in my opinion is the '03.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u wouldnt be able to stomach it with all those extra goodies?!?! plus modquad says it looks better up close liket eh orange really jumps out at u

Old 07-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

I just like red and black. If I could get my dealer to do some swithching of plastic and shock springs then I would do it.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

The predator is a very capable quad.....I wish I would have waited and went with Polaris's end of the year clearance. I could have gotten a '04 Pred for $4900 out the door...

Old 07-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneaholic
I'd like to get the TLD but don't think I could stomach the orange plastic. The best looking TLD in my opinion is the '03.
I LIKE the orange plastic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And the rezzies and close ratio tranny is fluff. Of course reverse is great....

Old 07-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have one but I like them

Old 07-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mine is great, and can do anything you want it to do. Get the orange, and buy some extra plastic, then when it comes time to trade.....whalla you have a new quad!!!

Quick Reply: Predator Owners Are You Happy?