Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

St Anthonies Predator Playtime Photos

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St Anthonies Predator Playtime Photos

The dune gods are hard……….they set high standards……….only the worthy shall prevail………..no stock warriors or 400ex's need apply for the bigger hill climbs.

The preddy could make it up the 250-300 foot tall Choke Cherry, and most of the other bigger hills and huge bowls, but it was a long climb clawing its way up in 1st gear at the top... The sand is very different than what I'm used to on the Oregon Coast, very loose dry and talcum powder fine……so thrust and hook-up is lower. Yet the hills are way steeper and taller then anything at Florence. 13/38 gearing and straight paddles got the job done. Pred was running really hot as it was 85-90 degree's out, and the fan was running almost continuous as I was flogging the dog WFO throttle!

Over at St A's you need Mentum, and Mo of it………Mo Mentum! Yet the size of the hills really drag your speed down.

See go check out the new AWESOME St Anthonies HUGE DUNE photos in my gallery, and zoom in to see how far the riders are even leaning forward to keep the nose down while clawing its way to the top in first gear…..

Didn't get a chance to ride a Yammy 450, but did take a 450R out for a spin, a raptor too, as well as my first seat time on a DS650 Bombardier.

Even trying to be neutral and un-biased, I still feel the Predator is a much better ride than any of those other machines. The preddy just REVS fast, where as the R, Rappy, and DS feel like you're on a classic thumper low low torque machine thump thump thump. Preddy is VERY 2 stroke feeling and likes the upper RPM range way more. Pred out handles the others too at warp 9 side hill shooting the bowls or worm trails. The DS650 was very comphy, but would be too wide for our woods and trails at home. Nice feel to it still.

St Anthonies Rocks, do it, ride it, do it now!

Enjoy the new dune pics in my gallery.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nice photos looks like alot of fun.

Thanks for sharing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

nice pics.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i want dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]