Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????

Stumpjumper, Thanks for the advice... I was thinking along the same lines as your post. During the 15yrs of riding my ATC's and Yamaha dirt bike, I never had too many problems with the machines outside of doing maintenance and repairing from my crash and burns. I agree that for most it is only upgrades, wrecks, or neglect that will have one working on their toys. Thanks for the reassurance.

Beltdrive, Yes I did read your post...It looks like I will be getting a Polaris scram... I just wanted more responses to base my final decision on. Your responses have been very helpful, Thanks! Great pics! I might have some mod questions in the future for you...

TJCINC, Thanks for the reply!Like I said earlier, I am **** about maintenance of my vehicles, etc... Maint. isn't a problem. I am glad to hear about how low maintence Polaris vehicles are.

All, Thanks for the replies! Your responses helped me on the decision on purchasing a scram... I was comfortable with the Yamaha/Honda products and was just a bit hesitant to jump into the Polaris pool untill I knew a little bit of history (from you all) about them.

Thanks again Guys!

E

Old 08-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I agree with the others, just because the shop sees more Polaris quads than Kawasakis, doesnt mean that Polaris is junk. That is not a fai comparison. You would also have to look at how many quads the Polaris dealer has sold compared to the Kawasaki dealer, as well as how many Polaris machines are in that general area. Polaris sells more ATV than all the other companies, except for Honda. I was at my dealer the other day talking to the head tech for the service department and he was telling me that most of the quads that he has come in with a problem due to lack of maintence or neglect. He also told me that he sees just as many Hondas as he does Polaris. Just some food for thought.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Good to hear Lowend5 but what ever you get just go out and ride and have fun. thats the main thing. If I can be of any help in the future all you have to do is ask. There are alot of guys here that can answer just about any questions you might have. They have been alot of help to me.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

if your worried about maintinances there all pretty much the same /oil changes/cleaning filter/chain adjusments.....but in my opinion overall polaris is the least realible....but theres bad bikes from all manufatures.the best thing to do i think is to buy a bike thats been around for a while

Old 08-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Lowend5 here is a link to a dealer in Chattanooga Tenn. they have great prices. It might not be to far for you to drive to save some money.

Link

Old 08-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

im curious as to where warrior 350 gets his info from, maybe the yamaha dealers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Lowend5
Thanks Guys for all of the input...

I will be riding in all types of terrain. No utility...all fun....

I am looking at the scram 500 HO. This should allow me power, lots of 2wd fun, and 4wd fun in the snow, etc...

I am just uneducated regarding the upkeep of Polaris vehicles... how much maintenance do they require in comparason to other brands?

In other words are they a PITA to upkeep?

Thanks for the info!

E

IMO the polaris machine are the most reliable out of the major companies. They are built to last. 'nuff said

Old 08-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

How many of those quads in the Polaris dealer weren't Polaris. Maybe they have a better service department than Kawi. I know my dealer will work on anything (and do a good job too).

Old 08-13-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

i have a 01 400 scrammy
after a few rides i drain the oil and filler up
?????????

Old 08-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TJCINC
im curious as to where warrior 350 gets his info from, maybe the yamaha dealers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
ummm i get my info from past experiences....theres a specail breed of people that buy polaris...and if i bagged up a bag of sht and put a sticker on it that said "made in the u.s.a" they'd buy that too

Quick Reply: WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????