Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????

I am in the market and have always rode Yamaha or Honda....

I know that Polaris has been around in the "Snow" market for a long time....

How are they regarding ATV's

So I pose my question....

WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????

I am being serious here guys....help me out ...

E

Old 08-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of riding do you plan on doing?

Old 08-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Polaris machine are very easy to ride. The auto trans has been around for a long time and Polaris has nearly perfected it. It was Polaris that started the whole belt drive craze that nearly every other manufacture is using now. Polaris has come a long ways in reliability over the years and their newer machines are just as good as anything else out there. They are built tough. Just look as the drivetrain components and frames compared to the foreign machines. The TRUE 4wd is also a very nice standard feature on all their 4wd models. Polaris is a very inovative company. They don't sit and wait around for another manufacture to come out with a new concept before there do. They like to be the first. Polaris is also very good for standing behind their product. You will not always find that with other manufactures, ESPECIALLY Yamaha. I think you would really like the 500 Scrambler. If you were to take a Wolvy and Scrambler for a test ride, you would see for yourself that the scrambler is SOOOO much more machine than the Wolvy

Old 08-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Put them side by side and compare features, and especially the way the polaris controls are laid out - Polaris wins every time. I'll say one thing for sure, every sales person I've ever talked to who worked at a dealer that sells multiple brands is always biased toward the honda's or yamaha's beacause they sell so many 2 wheelers of that brand..... the same with jet ski's too.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

you should ask yourself a few questions. what kind of riding are you gonna do? trail, woods, dunes, various? do you need a 4x4? for plowing, mud etc. Polaris makes a quad for everyones tastes. I have two 2004 700 EFI's. I have had a fuel pump go bad but thats it. I was upset cause it was only after three rides but thats what the warranty is for. other than that I love my polaris quads so far. I am also thinking of getting an 05' Predator which now has reverse for the new season. I have always owned yamaha and would have to say that polaris is worth the money. I also feel the other brands look to Polaris to see what is around the bend in the ATV world for new ideas and soforth.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Buy polaris, just dont do it from my backward A$$ dealer. He will give you one price on the phone then up the price when you get there. (Knowing your interested). Then hit you up for bugus charges. Finding the machine you want is only half the battle. Find a good dealer too.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Might not be a bad idea to go to the dealer and ask the same question. Get a good idea how that particular dealer treats (potential) customers. Who knows, maybe they'll throw in a little extra stuff in the deal.

Old 08-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

don't buy polaris because they have auto tranny and they weight a lot and
doesn't go fast and have no style is junk and that all the crap you gonna heard if you want to buy the best,when the conditions on the fileds are muddy or anything you'll have to go trough in a NO normal situations,i've seen to many thing an explorer,scrambler can go trough
wich any others brand we'll not have the chance to go.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Guys for all of the input...

I will be riding in all types of terrain. No utility...all fun....

I am looking at the scram 500 HO. This should allow me power, lots of 2wd fun, and 4wd fun in the snow, etc...

I am just uneducated regarding the upkeep of Polaris vehicles... how much maintenance do they require in comparason to other brands?

In other words are they a PITA to upkeep?

Thanks for the info!

E

Old 08-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

greasing and fluid changes is pretty much the only upkeep that needs to be done..

Quick Reply: WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????