Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

350two stroke problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350two stroke problem

my buddy has an early 90's 350 polaris atv and he has left it with me to work on. I won't be able to look at in until Tuesday at the earliest, but thought I would put a post on here to see if there is any advice as to where I should pay particular attention when i do look at it. It was always reliabe in the years past, but he had the dealer do a tune up on it. Since then I replaced the intake as it was cracked and today we went out, he went into a puddle at a really good speed, it died instantly and took us about 10 minutes to get it started, and then it would barely run. It started getting better, but even a half hour later it was still funny at a really hard throttle. After anf hour or so it finally ran like normal. The water was very muddy by the way. I am going to pull all the plastic off the front anyhow as the fuel valve will not budge, and before I broke it I just figured I'd pull off the tank, clean that out as it never has been and clean the fuel valve out. Figured I'd pull off all the ignition connections, clean them up and cover them in dielectric grease, check the plug for a crack, and then run it while spraying water up underneath and such. Any help that one of you has ran acroos would be a great help as this machine never had a water problem before. Have a great day and be safe