Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I got my EFI back

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my EFI back

everyone ...i finally got my 700 back with the new motor.......it was great......although i can i tell a big differance...i put on over a 160 miles since friday afternoon.......and its starting to run better now.....

and i put its through the paces....man was it great to get back on it.....and thankgod ihad it because i was the only with a winch out of 12 ppl....and we all went muddin...what great weekend........i gotta get pics up from the ride....

it was just alot of fun.........

and im so happy now that i got er back....

Old 08-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad to hear it. I know it sucked, but did they do you right as far as repairs go?

Old 08-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Range Rover

yes they did..everything electronically (sensors, computers etc...) was replaced as a whole new motor........and there was no questions asked....they just did it.....im just upset that i lost almost 2 months of riding my efi.....even tho they gave me a 4 wheeler to use while mine was down.....it was still the point.....that it took so long to get parts for it........and then to find out that....that there was a half inch of play in the crank.....

but it seems fine now....i got close to 900 miles....on it.....and like i said before over a 160 on just the motor...from the weekend...and it performed flawlessly.........

so far im pretty happy....and my dealer polaris realy did take care of me...so thats a plus

Old 08-31-2004, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

sorry for asking but what happend was it something u did or from factory just want to know so it does not happen to me

Old 08-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Range Rover

junk it out and get a kawi 700 you will be much happier.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

no way keep the polars 100%... lol i think that would be awesome to have a 4 wheeler givin to me when mine was in the shop. i would kick the shiznit otta that thing

Old 08-31-2004, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

they should give you a bike while yours is in the shop the 700 kawi wouldnt have put you there in the first place

Old 08-31-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bombman,

I think I here your Moma calling.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:03 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

A Kawisucky...........Hee Hee what a joke!!!!!!!!! We don't blame you for being p!ssed off because Polaris is 2nd place in sales behind Honda. And as far as Honda watch out we are comming on strong!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

hey tofast...... what polaris told me was that they didnt press the crank in far enough from when they built the engine....sounded kinda odd to me because i didnt know they pressed in cranks....but hey i never tore one apart.......and after seeing my old motor in pieces i now understand some what how they did it.......

becuase they failed to press it in far enough.....the crank was moving back n forth inside the motor....causing the fly wheel to pushed over towards the outside of the engine.....and moving off the crank sensor...thats why it was running realy rough...cuz the sensor was cutting the engine in and out.......and from the fly wheel being pushed over..it ruined the stator and started gouging the side of the engine...it actually gouged a nice whole in the side about 1/8" to 1/4" inch ......i wish i would had my digital with me so i could snapped some pics...but i forgot it.......it was realy F'd up man......

yeah i was glad they gave me a loaner..it was realy decent of em.......and yeah i rode it pretty hard....i mean how hard can you ride and xpedition 325....ahahah.......ill tell ya...for being a 325 she sure jumped pretty well.....and went the through mud suprisingly well.....cuz i could put it in a hight gear and just lug through it rather then being in 1st and just spinning out....it was nice ahah but im so glad to be on something that has all the power i need...and rides like a car...ahahah

Quick Reply: I got my EFI back