Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Iridium IX spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iridium IX spark plugs

When I was doing a search for a NGK spark plug for my 01 TB 250. I found that NGK makes two different ones that will fit. One being the regular stock one and this Iridium IX spark plug. they say its alot better. Has anyone ever tried it and if so would I have to change any settings for a stock machine.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...420&country=US

Old 08-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Yea I have heard of them. The Iridium IX spark plugs foul a lot less than the stockers. The flip side is that they cost more.

Old 08-31-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

i just put iridium plugs in my harley and started it but did not ride it yet. waiting for rebuild kit for my rear master cylinder. they cost me 15 $ for two plugs. they had to order the plugs they were not in stock. i got them at advance auto parts. autozone did not even list them. they will not give you any performance gain over a new regular plug. but they will last a long time and require less voltage to give proper spark. be careful if you have to adjust the gap. the center electrode is easy to break if you put sideways pressure on it. i have a 2003 tb did not look at ngk site for a iridium plug.

Old 08-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

If your TB is stock, I'd just buy regular NGK. I have four and change them after a weekend ride. Clean the one I removed, so I always have clean spares for the quad, $ for my pocket.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have a bud that works at oreilly auto. He asked if I needed anything and thats all I could think of. I'm not the mechanical guy that has a list of wants from oreilly auto. If you can think of anything better for my TB to get from there let me know.

Old 08-31-2004, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

even with the 400 liquid cooled,the best plug ever is the standard
plug (br8 es).

Old 09-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

A inline fuel filter will do you more good than the IR plugs.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Well I went by oreillys today and got a 4 pack of the iridium ix NGK spark plugs. Havent put them in yet, Dont think they will be all that. But hey they was free. Scootergpx I'll have to look into that fuel filter thing. Is that something a novice person like myself could do. Any other suggestions of stuff I could get from my bud at oreilly for my TB 250 would be great. thanks

Old 09-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run one in mine and ive been running it for a year or so and havent changed it after rebuilds or anything and it hasnt fouled wit premixing. its a good plug but it is expensive

Old 09-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

The filter is an easy job. Just a matter of getting to it. They sell two different types. One is just a fliter housed in plastic that you toss and buy a new one when it's dirty. They also have a glass one that the filter element is replaceable. The worry I would have with the glass is it breaking while out on a trail. Besides, the plastic one was only 3 bucks (well not for you) and it works just fine.

Quick Reply: Iridium IX spark plugs