Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How do you like your predator? Pros/Cons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you like your predator? Pros/Cons?

I have a 03'. I feel a little left out! Because the trade in value of the 03' sucks!!! I was the first to jump all over one at my dealer. I love the bike just wish it had the same top end as a DS 650. I've had the chance to ride a number of different bike to compare too.

The ds is faster on the top end, but it so heavy. You get it struck you better have a winch. It feel too big when riding in the trails almost like a 700 sportsman.

The dvx/suzuki 400 is okay with reverse which the new 05' has. But I find it to narrow and likes to wheelie way to easy. Just felt too small.

The honda I have not got a ride on yet but it's a honda and can't be that bad. I know a guy that races and brought a new honda 450r and sold it for a older 250r because it didn't have the power he wanted. Also he did not want to put the hugh dollars into the motor to get out what it didn't have.

The yamaha is pretty fast and not be on one yet! The upside to it is all the aftermarket parts compare to the polaris predator maybe polaris just builds there's better! lol.

The tranny problem has never occured on mind (always us the clutch). I must like it or I would have not put thousands of dollars into mind and would not want to buy a 05' and still keep mind too!!!

That's all I've got to say about that.

Old 09-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Predatorizer
I have a 03'. I feel a little left out! Because the trade in value of the 03' sucks!!! I was the first to jump all over one at my dealer. I love the bike just wish it had the same top end as a DS 650. I've had the chance to ride a number of different bike to compare too.
Trade in value on all polaris atvs is pretty poor. Its been that way for a while and doesnt seem to be improving much. The brand new preds cant sell even close to the 6100 dollar msrp, not even the tld models. That doesnt help any when you can get a brand new bike for 1k under msrp.

Old 09-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Im also near Edmonton im an hour and a half away i live over by Barhead about 45 min away from there i quad allot up in swan hills with a friend up there, i do ride in hinton at Brule lake also some cool sand dunes.

Old 09-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer

If your still reading these. This bike is great, The predator has treated me well. Its kinda busted up now, broken welds lot of bent stuff. Even thou it doesnt really like to roll i find away. But if your just looking for something thats not a super bike this might be to much this quad should be treated with alot of respect its very powerful. There is a few problems motor shuts of in water because of the tubes just redirect them. and make sure youre battery cables are tight. dont flip to much. Treat it good its treats you good. great handling great power great bike.