Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

pred and nos??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pred and nos??

Well since NONE OF YOU have ever delt with the boondockers system, let me shed you in on some info. The system has worked great for me, its a proven paten and works good. Yes, when you hit the button it does presurizes the float bowl so more gas is injected into the carb. But on the nos manifold there is a mixture screw so you can adjust rich and lean. If your a fool and dont have the mixture right you can run it lean just like when you jet your quad and thats that. They give easy intructions and took me little over a couple of hours to put it on but it was easy. It was my first time putting it on so. I have a 20 shot on my kfx-400 with stock parts and its un-touchable ............ I gave a yfz-450 4 quad leangths head start and i still smoked him by at least 7-8 quad leangts in a 100 yard drag. LET ME REMIND YOU RUNNING A WET SYSTEM INJECTS THE VERY COLD NO2 DIRECTLY INTO THE CARB WHICH TAKES THE RISK FACTOR OF BRAKING OR CRAKING SOMEITNG DUE TO EXTRME COLD TEMPS WAY HIGHER VERSES THE FOGGER SYSTEM-(boondockers way).

Old 09-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pred and nos??

thanks for the replys. i am going with boons just becouse i have heard alot of good stuff about it {bombardier forum} i just wasnt sure on how it would do on a stock pred?

Old 09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Default pred and nos??

Keep in mind any nitrous system can be unsafe and easily grenade a motor (wet or dry). A wet system can be just unsafe and actually has more variables that could cause fuel starvation (stuck fuel solonoid, bad fuel pump). Whereas the only way I could see a dry system (i.e. Boondockers) not supplying addequate fuel would be a clogged main jet (highly unlikely).

As speedy has mentioned there are several on the Bomb forum who like the BD system and have not had to rejet (richen) their fuel mixture when off the bottle.

Old 09-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

and becouse of what dsengineer said is why i am sold on the boons system.

Old 09-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

What do you mean that Doug's stuff has no proven results. His quad will run in the quick 4's.....and that is on pump gas. He also has a set up(if you call) for nos. Just putting nos into a stock quad/motor, is kinda a ***** way of being fast, IMO. I would rather spend the 3k and get a hoppin motor, from high perfromance parts, not just an explosion taking place in my chamber.

Old 09-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
What do you mean that Doug's stuff has no proven results. His quad will run in the quick 4's.....and that is on pump gas. He also has a set up(if you call) for nos. Just putting nos into a stock quad/motor, is kinda a ***** way of being fast, IMO. I would rather spend the 3k and get a hoppin motor, from high perfromance parts, not just an explosion taking place in my chamber.
where did somebody mention anything about doug in this post? am i missing a post hear or something

Old 09-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

Sorry speedy, must have this one screwed up with the other one......but either way that question was directed towards you(not neccessarily in a bad way). He doesn't have hp numbers up, but you could call and get some info.....and also you could just call and see what he thinks about putting nos on......You have to admit that he is probably one of the best with the pred, so why not get some info from someone higher up on the tree?? I always try to get all of the info I can before I make a mod, so I know wether I am spending my money wisely or not.

Old 09-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

ya i gotta agree just throwing nos on a not built engine is kinda g@y. build up the engine a lil wit one of dougs kits and then think abot nos. i would rather always have teh power at my finger then just having the power by hitting a button now and hten

Old 09-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

ya thats what i was thinkin, they say the boon docker is safer because they dont have the super cold nitros nos hittin the hot parts.

Old 09-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

Yes, whats nice is you dont have to rejet. I never did,when you use the nos there is a manifold peice that richens the carb automaticly. The only thing is that the stock compersion rings are not that strong, so dont go to big!!! A 10 or 15 hp shot will make you alot faster. Dont listen to what other s have to say about how g@y it is. Let them say that as you are blowing past them and saving about $2500.00 too. The only time you will really need to use it is in hill climbs or in drag races . other than that you have more than enouph power to what ever. Besides how can you say hitting that rocket button isnt fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: pred and nos??