Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

pred and nos??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pred and nos??

Fun, yes, until you have a hole in something....possibly your chest(from the piston).......I would rather have the power behind my thumb, and then maybe behing my thumb and the button. With Doug's motors, you will have everything built to specs(racing specs), and have high performance parts that allow the engine to turn high rpms, and allow it to take some extra heat too. His motor is built to last and withstand the power, where your's isn't.......you may find out the hard way.

One more thing, with your nos, you won't be blowing by us......we are all pretty close to Doug too.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pred and nos??

In moderation a 15-20HP does not require much in the way of engine work and can be run very reliably on most stock machine. A forged piston would be nice but is not required.

I say run what ya brung and don't cry about it if you get beat.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

i just like the idea of always having the power not sometimes

Old 09-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

Me too tbsleeper......I guess I am just a little old fashioned. I would rather win the race, and then have people come over and awe at my machine....then have them come over and say damn that looks stock, and then awe at my bottle........

Old 09-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

Originally posted by: MURDR
Yes, whats nice is you dont have to rejet. I never did,when you use the nos there is a manifold peice that richens the carb automaticly. The only thing is that the stock compersion rings are not that strong, so dont go to big!!! A 10 or 15 hp shot will make you alot faster. Dont listen to what other s have to say about how g@y it is. Let them say that as you are blowing past them and saving about $2500.00 too. The only time you will really need to use it is in hill climbs or in drag races . other than that you have more than enouph power to what ever. Besides how can you say hitting that rocket button isnt fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
true that. i dont mx race or anything. i do like to drag race though. i will line up on a drag and make the tbs and what not look g@y all day with just a push of a button, and still have plenty of money in my pocket. and i can always up grade later. i am not rich by any means and have barely enough for nos. its a quick way to go real quick

Old 09-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

I dont know what you mean when you say your close to doug. Also i am sick of the yap, yap, about how your going to blow a hole threw your cylender or how your piston is JUST GOING TO SHOOT STREIGHT OUT AND HIT YA IN THE CHEST. RIGHT............................................. ............................ Has ne one ever told you to right story books cause your telling a great one here.
Also I have checked my cylinder wall and piston head everything is just fine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default pred and nos??

Well since NONE OF YOU have ever delt with the boondockers system, let me shed you in on some info. The system has worked great for me, its a proven paten and works good. Yes, when you hit the button it does presurizes the float bowl so more gas is injected into the carb. But on the nos manifold there is a mixture screw so you can adjust rich and lean. If your a fool and dont have the mixture right you can run it lean just like when you jet your quad and thats that. They give easy intructions and took me little over a couple of hours to put it on but it was easy. It was my first time putting it on so. I have a 20 shot on my kfx-400 with stock parts and its un-touchable ............ I gave a yfz-450 4 quad leangths head start and i still smoked him by at least 7-8 quad leangts in a 100 yard drag. LET ME REMIND YOU RUNNING A WET SYSTEM INJECTS THE VERY COLD NO2 DIRECTLY INTO THE CARB WHICH TAKES THE RISK FACTOR OF BRAKING OR CRAKING SOMEITNG DUE TO EXTRME COLD TEMPS WAY HIGHER VERSES THE FOGGER SYSTEM-(boondockers way).
Dont quit understand the part where the wet system pumps n2o into carb, Mine sprays from intake into head. Its a a "wet system" correct me if im wrong. It seems that the boondockers would spray from the back of the air filter through carb.

And also, I agree, what does it mean that someone is "close to doug" sounds a little weird IMO.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

Hello ANNIHILATER:
Did you get your dyno run done, what did it come in at. Also any more input on the n2o would be great. I know you DS guys know your power-up mods on this.

later

Old 09-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default pred and nos??

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Well since NONE OF YOU have ever delt with the boondockers system, let me shed you in on some info. The system has worked great for me, its a proven paten and works good. Yes, when you hit the button it does presurizes the float bowl so more gas is injected into the carb. But on the nos manifold there is a mixture screw so you can adjust rich and lean. If your a fool and dont have the mixture right you can run it lean just like when you jet your quad and thats that. They give easy intructions and took me little over a couple of hours to put it on but it was easy. It was my first time putting it on so. I have a 20 shot on my kfx-400 with stock parts and its un-touchable ............ I gave a yfz-450 4 quad leangths head start and i still smoked him by at least 7-8 quad leangts in a 100 yard drag. LET ME REMIND YOU RUNNING A WET SYSTEM INJECTS THE VERY COLD NO2 DIRECTLY INTO THE CARB WHICH TAKES THE RISK FACTOR OF BRAKING OR CRAKING SOMEITNG DUE TO EXTRME COLD TEMPS WAY HIGHER VERSES THE FOGGER SYSTEM-(boondockers way).
Dont quit understand the part where the wet system pumps n2o into carb, Mine sprays from intake into head. Its a a "wet system" correct me if im wrong. It seems that the boondockers would spray from the back of the air filter through carb.

And also, I agree, what does it mean that someone is "close to doug" sounds a little weird IMO.
LOL that was funny mario! lol. they were talking about the word g@y a fey posts ago.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default pred and nos??

Originally posted by: Maddog419
Hello ANNIHILATER:
Did you get your dyno run done, what did it come in at. Also any more input on the n2o would be great. I know you DS guys know your power-up mods on this.

later

Hey whats up?

I got (with nos) 92hp and 74ftlb. Seemed high to me ... But thats what it was.

I have a wet nos sytem and the system can be peiced together for less money than boondockers.

The hobbs switch helps the safety factor a bit, and I purge the system w/ nos bottle turned off before I do a nos run when it boggs I know the gas jet is spraying then I open the bottle. I dont want a straight nos shot incase the fuel pump or hobbs fails, but a few precautions can prevent a grenade session. Also make sure both selenoids are working on the wet system before hitting the button. Im sure you would take these precautions, its just a reminder. The boon kit has been impressive from what Ive seen of it in action, but The set-up I have now is working good for the time being. Bigdaay331 set my system up for me, but I have been doing my homework on the holly nos website. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Alo- once wet system is hooked up you must unscrew both intake nos and gas line and engage system and spray into bucket and check for timing distribution. both should spray at the same time.

Quick Reply: pred and nos??