Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

sportsman or rubicon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2000, 09:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want Atving to leave. I get a kick out of his stuff. No matter how harshly he words it, he has a good point on everything he says. Its not like he is lying. As far as his 3 wheeling comments go, you guys that haven't experienced that need to get the hell out of Kansas and go somewhere that its not flat everywhere you go.

Old 09-08-2000, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

Andy, I have a 1988 Foreman. It has been through mud and water up to the headlights numerous times.

Old 09-08-2000, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Canadian dealers get a break on the prices from the manufacturers here in the u.s. I know this sounds weird, sell to another country cheaper, but due to the Canadian dollar and their economy, polaris sells machines cheaper to them, 52% cheaper according to the dealer here in Madison. The dealer here is PI***d off !
The speedo is in Miles per hour,everything is the same,except the price. So if you know anyone that is traveling, save your money!

Old 09-08-2000, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

I've had my 300 Fourtrax 4X2 in nothing but mud its whole life. I have had no problem whatsoever. The brakes have always stayed dry. They have never been replace in 6 years.

Old 09-08-2000, 10:23 PM
Range Rover

Where is Jester and Sledder when you need Them!!!

Old 09-08-2000, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

Flatland is one thing but in the mountains and stripmines of eastern KY. True 4-wd and disk brakes make a real differance.

Old 09-08-2000, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

hey 01grizzly... A belt on anything means nothing.... It brings down an atv. The Grizzly is a 600cc quad, and I pulled one back about 3 feet with my little 300cc King Quad (not having the differentials locked) when the guy sitting on the grizz told me to stop so we didn't break anything. I could smell burning belt.

Old 09-08-2000, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

JESTER
Next time wait till he starts it and puts it in gear.Come back tomorrow and tell us what you dreamed tonite!!I wouldn't say that but just rode two days with 4 kings and they are way under powerd.Very seldom will I put anyones ride down but they fall way short of what it takes to make a good quad.No or at least very little ground clearance and to many gears,why do they have so many---UNDER POWERED,and you pulled GRIZ YEAH RIGHT.I was really dissapointed in them really expected more from them,was first time really seen one in action or should I say inaction.Prospector was there also maybe he'll tell you what he thought!I have the video to back-up what I say,just as soon as I figure how to get on NET will do it.CM

Old 09-09-2000, 01:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't doubt that. It should be capable of crossing water and mud as long as it doesn't get in the airbox.

I have an 89 300 and one trip to the mudpit and one good case of being stuck was all it took to ruin the brakes. As long as drums are sealed good, then they will do fine, but keeping them sealed is the hard part. Gordon Banks had big time problems with this on his 97 Prarie. He couldn't keep the stuff out of them, and was constantly working on them. This was about two years ago, when I was looking at a new quad. It gave me a good outlook on drum brakes, and I ended up getting one with discs. Not for that reason, but I will say that the discs on my 650lb. AC will stop it way better than the drums on the 430lb. honda ever would. In every aspect I could ever imagine.

Old 09-09-2000, 06:20 AM
Pro Rider

hey 01grizzly... A belt on anything means nothing.... It brings down an atv. The Grizzly is a 600cc quad, and I pulled one back about 3 feet with my little 300cc King Quad (not having the differentials locked) when the guy sitting on the grizz told me to stop so we didn't break anything. I could smell burning belt.

And if you believe that let me sell you some flat land in WV. I am also a helicopter pilot flying daily from New York to Paris can I reserve any body a seat on the flight.
Hey Jester the last pull I was in with my Sportsman 500 is when I hooked back to back with a Honda 450. I pulled him backwards about 30 feet, I then started to get off to unhook the rope and he gunned it on me jerking me back about 3 feet thinking the little momentum edge might help him well it did, it helped him to go backwards 40 feet this time. Come to WV and see me Jester I will put mine in 2 wd and you can put yours in 2wd, be sure to find a good salvage parts dealer before you come though because I am going to jerk the guts out of your King...when I get done with it, it will be a pawn. You would have a hard time pulling a Griz that wasn't started. Thanks for the moral support Andy sometimes people have a hard time faceing the facts, I know this all to well from the line of work I am in...hehehe

Quick Reply: sportsman or rubicon?