Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

anyone have an 05 preddy ltd yet? Also, anyone comment on Polaris warranty? need preddy opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have an 05 preddy ltd yet? Also, anyone comment on Polaris warranty? need preddy opinions!

well im in the market for a quad....i think i have it narrowed to a rebuilt cannondale or a predator. Thought i would call the 6 local polaris shops (within 60 miles) and get quotes.

half of them seemed PISSED that i asked...lol how is that for service? im talking to them with cash in hand about making a deal, and they wont take the time to even givem e a quote. One guy sighed and said he would do it later.... one guy said he cant, that i had to come in (i told him his loss...im not driving 50 miles to get a quote, which he finally chimed in a price)
so 3 of the shops i called are definately not somthing i want to get involved with.

my quotes OTD for 04 tlds ranged from 5589 (thought that was pretty cheap! but i really want an 05..) to 6200 otd (for an 04 WITH the 500 rebate!)

then for the 05 OTD i got a low of 6433....and a high of 6993.

so looks like i can get an 05 tld for about 6400.... and the 04 for 5600 (but i think the rebate ends this month? i dont think i want an 04 anyway (may as well get reverse and new features for the 900 extra...)

i also decided i would get an extended warranty for this one. Is polaris' warranty good? do they actually Warrant stuff? or is it more or less they are picky and barely replace anything?

i would probably install a pipe and maybe airbox/filter, and maybe carb (could always swap it back to stock if need-be i guess)

but as long as i dont break into the cases everything should be covered right?

i just dont want mine to be the lucky quad that is a lemon and breaks stuff everywhere.

looks like an extra 6 months is 99 (total of 1 year) and extra 18 months is 500 (total of 2 years)

i was thinking maybe the 100 dollar one.... (unless waranty really is that good that makes it worth the extra 400)

also, for those of you with predators, is everyone satisfied with them? i know they lack in the power department a bit, but i was hoping a pipe/filter would get me in front of a stock yfz?

predator is 1-3 bike lengths behind a yfz right?

any general info i can get beyond my questions is greatly appreciated! (such as needed or good mods to add)

Thanks guys

Old 09-28-2004, 10:13 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default anyone have an 05 preddy ltd yet? Also, anyone comment on Polaris warranty? need preddy opinions!

I don't think they are 1-3 quads behind the yfz. I have seen stock for stock the Pred win. I would say they are about even. No I would not but this will keep **** from getting started. Hands down I think the Pred is the best quad out there.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

well a lot has to do with traction/rider clutching ability. (my buddy has a pipe/filter/cam/flywheel (and full suspension...not that it matters, lol) and he was losing to my other buddies BONE stock yfz, because even with roll on starts, he would just spin on grass.

im searching warranty...found one or two people that said its awesome...but then quite a few that say, even the first 6 month warranty dosnt cover much of anything. (which has me worried)

Old 09-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the preds have a warranty on them when you buy them, and that covers the quad for a long time......I wouldn't do the extended one.....talk to hozed or someone like that, he had problems, I think after the warranty was up, and polaris covered it anyways......

Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

the pres is not even with the yfz

Old 09-28-2004, 10:50 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

What do you mean by that scrambler123?

Old 09-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

stock for stock (i have never seen it so im not 100%) but i havnt heard of two even riders, even weight, with a predator leading the yfz....

i know its pretty close to a 450r (have heard a few say hangs right there with it within a lenght or two, and the 450r is a length or two from the yfz)

Old 09-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

My buddy just picked up an '04(notTLD) today for 4999 OTD. He also picked up HPD full system, K&N, nerfs, helmet, gogles, paddles and wheels, service manual, smaller front sprocket, two oil filters and 6q of oil. Total was 6099. We stopped in at the Yami dealer to look at a YFZ and they wouldn't even let him test ride it also lied to us about the Predator and the Honda 450r so we left quickly.

Old 09-29-2004, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

i dont know of too many small to midsized dealerships that let people test ride sports (unless they have enough sales to cover the cost of a demo quad) as who wants to buy a quad that has had the crap beaten out of it in demos?

Old 09-29-2004, 07:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

most dealers up here wont let you test ride either.
polaris does have a good warrety... like brad said... i had stuff cover while i was out of warrenty and it woulda cost me about 1200$ to fix it all.

with equal riders the pred has alot of catching up to do on the yfz... it pulls to hard off the start and through the first 3-4 gears... then it starts to die down a bit in 5th... that is where the pred has a chance to catch up.

Quick Reply: anyone have an 05 preddy ltd yet? Also, anyone comment on Polaris warranty? need preddy opinions!