Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?

Originally posted by: 95sport400
sorta resembles a harley.
If you think Hardleys sound good, you need your hearing checked. I was going to link to a website, but it's under construction. Basically, the guy says, "If I wanted a life-long career working with the mentally retarded, I would have been a Special Ed teacher or owned a Harley dealership."
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Watch it bud! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]LOL

Old 11-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

thanks BBS,

there is definitely a difference between the 4 stroke and the 2 stroke guys.

X

Old 11-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scramblerXrated
thanks BBS,

there is definitely a difference between the 4 stroke and the 2 stroke guys.

X
I like to be heard and seen when it comes to bikes. Not obnoixiously loud, but loud enough so people know Im there (even though that still doesnt stop the idiots out there). I drove past a Honda Goldwing today and honestly couldnt even tell if it was running. They are TOOO quiet, but I guess they make up for the sound with bright purple and gold paint! LOL FUGLY BIKES!

Old 11-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I Have an 04 Scrambler 4X4 and My bud Matt purchased and 04 VG force shortly after I got mine, One of the employees at the shop where he bought his had a White borthers duel exhaust which mat bought and had it installed before he even got his machine home.

That being said maybe that contributed somewhat to my assessment. The V force was a wheelie happy brute, tons of fun. Tons being the operative word here. I bought the scrammy because with a few minor mods I can hang with a 400EX on a track and still follow my Prairie riding friends on some nasty trails. The Scrammy stock is slow, top speed is 10 - 15 MPH less than the V, the CVT needs stronger springs, and a new exhaust is definitely a must. That is not to say it is not fun, I have been on tracks, and trails all over Iowa and have yet to get stuck or avoid a jump, although I will not do anymore jumps till a spring tensioner is in place. i have also not been left in the dust by a prairie 650 or a mildly upgraded 400EX. The V was kinda scary on the track as its sheer size made jumps interesting, but then the scrammy was a little front heavy and was interesting too. The V-Force power was the scariest thing, if it had 4 wheel drive I would definitely rather have the Kawi, but for now I will just get some upgrades for the scrammy and enjoy. My cousin has a 99 scrammy with tighter spring a white bro exhaust and he walks away from me all day, his is completely beat up and doesn't look like it could move under its own power, but I was proven wrong. Either are good rides just don't expect the Kawi to be very good at muddy trails or especially confidence inspiring on a race track. I think it was made for fire road hijinks and Hooliganism, or maybe so the Bling Bling Rappers would have a quad that would actually turn those stupid twenty inch wheels I keep seeing on quads at car shows.

Old 11-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

hooliganism......

i like new words!!!

where have you ridden in iowa? im from des moines, and i absolutely love my scrambler 500 4x4!!!

X

Old 11-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 95sport400
sorta resembles a harley.
If you think Hardleys sound good, you need your hearing checked. I was going to link to a website, but it's under construction. Basically, the guy says, "If I wanted a life-long career working with the mentally retarded, I would have been a Special Ed teacher or owned a Harley dealership."
Watch it my 1972 FLH sounds better than any ATV out there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys I can get a New 2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 for $4850 and would like to know if the front end has a weekness since it looks to like the thin piece that hold the A-Arm is to small, any comments !!

Old 11-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

mine is a 97 400 sport but its got nearly the same front end and i havent had any prob nor have i heard of it being a weak point and that seams like a great price to me..btw heres my 2-cents both of these quads are alot of fun and seam to hold up good but anything you can do on a v-force you can do on a scrambler its not true the other way around...but if your going to go really fast i a straight line and not hit many bumps go with the vorce they are awsome in the power department...

Old 11-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

im selling my scrambler to get a 05 honda CR250 and turning it into a wicked off roader. nothing worng with my 500 i love it. its just with 2-strokes going out and after rideing one. I really want it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. that and im just sick of auto. ...but all and all if i was you, you can not go worng with the scrambler 500 4+4. it can do it all and do it will.. after sometime when i save up enuff $. i just might get a new one.

Old 11-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

wow!

4850 is a great price, especially it its new.

i dont think theres really any weak points in the front at least that i have heard of anyway. polaris is known for "over-engineering" their atvs. which in my book is a good thing.

ive heard nothing but good things from scrambler 500 owners. with the 4x4 you will be able to go pretty much anywhere, and go there fast. 90% of my ride time is in tight trails and it does great.

i would say go for it. the money you save in the price, you can spend on aftermarket goodies and mods.

X

Quick Reply: Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?