Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler or Kawasaki KFX700 ?

Well I've nailed the choice down to two models of Quads. The Polaris scrambler 500 or the Kawasaki KFX700. The price on these are about the same and I would like to know what the performance differences ( since they are almost the same size ) are such as acceleration, smoothness over rough ground as far as suspension damping of the bumps to produce a smooth ride. In addition how well these beasts handle in tight turns for lateral stability. Also the build and reliability factor must come into play. I really would like to hear from people who have some actual knowledge and experience with these machines. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?

well .. i actually ride with a couple of guys, each who have the machines your comparing - ones a 2001 500 scrambler and the other is a 2004 vforce 700. Ive rode both before and the vforce feels lighter because iit has a bit more torque , well it feels that way to me. BUT i have seen that 500 go places that no vforce could ever go.....reguardless what was done with it. As for speed - they raced and the vforce came out on top by about a quad and a half length. wheelieing is easy on both machines if that matters. i think that because im used to polaris i feel a little more comfortable on it through high speed corners and close/tight corners. when we ride, we beat the hell outta these things and neither have broken.

hope this helps u make a good choice.

Old 11-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you dont think that you will ever need the 4wd, then I would say go with the V-Force

Old 11-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

Unless 4x4 is a must, and from a past V owner, the V will put a huge smile on your face.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the v-force i think you will be much happier and this is coming from a scrambler owner.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

Well I really do like the idea of the KFX700 and today I went to the local dealer but they did not have a unit for me to test ride, they just had the red one with that fancy paint job so I only got to sit on it. I was kind of wondering if this thing was a bit large for me at 5'7" @ 170Lbs. It seemed very large, much larger than the Scrambler 500 but the dimensional specs appear to be almost identical. This could be since it has larger fender flares. The terrain that I will be running on is a combination of loose sand/soil and also with grass/weeds. There are slopes that do not exceed approx 15 degrees and the whole area is with lots of brush and trees but in wintertime it can get quite slippery. The problem is that there is not really any large clear area's to get to much spped up, but I have found out that there is a public access ATV trail called Rocky Ridge just north of Decatur Texas on Hwy 51. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

its not too big for you, my friend that rides it is 5 10 and about 150-160 pounds and he's fine on it

Old 11-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

if you do get a chance to ride a 700 let us know what you think.

the scrambler 500 sounds sweet with certain aftermarket exhausts. but the 700 with dual exhaust will make you smile. sorta resembles a harley.

but a v-twin 700 is just what the scrambler platform needs. i hope that polaris would look into something like that for the near future. victory motorcycle motor maybe????

X

Old 11-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

sorta resembles a harley.
If you think Hardleys sound good, you need your hearing checked. I was going to link to a website, but it's under construction. Basically, the guy says, "If I wanted a life-long career working with the mentally retarded, I would have been a Special Ed teacher or owned a Harley dealership."

Old 11-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

Well I went to the local Polaris dealer which around means its a small place but anyhow, they had a Scrambler 500 H.O 4x4 on display but they would not let me ride it so like the Kawasaki KFX 700 I only got to sit on it. The fit seemed quite good but I do have a concern. Whilst looking at the construction I noticed that where the front A-Arms attach to the frame there is only a very thin piece metal that the A-Arm support bolt goes through to hold the thing to the fame. Has anyone had any problems with this breaking or cracking and require repair/replace or welding ?? I need to try and find some place that I can actually ride one of these !! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?