Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?

maybe it is just me....but if someone wants me to spend $5-7K or more in their shop for a vehicle of some kind...and oh by the way you can't test ride it...I'm going elsewhere. I even test rode my harleys before buying them. Find another dealer.

Old 11-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

Well I think this just about sorts out which ATV I will go ahead and get. My type of riding will not really be so much as fast straight line running but more of going through the woods with lots of brush/sand/grass and some light mud in the mix. I'm in another state right now up in Columbus Ohio and if the company still has the New 2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 in stock when I return I think I just may have to pick this one up, I almost have a tingle going through me just thinking about it !! I have installed trailer hitch on my Jeep and also have found a trailer that I may borrow so lets see. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

well good luck,

make sure to post some pics when you get it!

X

Old 11-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

scramblerXrated!

I have a friend in des moines that can get me onto the pickle farm beach are on Vandalia rd. Their is a tight little race track off university behind the water park. I have a good bud that owns a farm in St charles and I hear their is another good trail area just south of him. I also have some family land in Morning Sun Iowa and my cousin with the other scrammy knows tons of trails near Wapello. their is soon to be a ORV area in Fort Dodge. I have also heard of some trials along the river between Cambridge and Ames but have yet to explore rthem. My prblem right now is that My buddy with the 400EX wrecked his to many times and gave up, and sold it. My other buddy moved to Arkansas but at least left his quad in StCharles, still seeing him is becoming increasingly difficult. And my V-Force riding budy sold his too. I still can go onthe trails I mentioned but it is not as much fun riding alone. Sam with KC, but hopefully some of the guys from this area will be available when the summer riding gets under way again. Oh yeah I almost forgot at the end of southwest ninth is a trail that leads back to a pet cemetery, That one can be kind of fun if you go into the fields, but be careful of johnny law.

Later
Ghostrider

Old 11-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

yo ghostrdr!

i have been to pickle farm beach several times. that place is alotta fun! im sure you have been to that place just down the trail from there thats called SANDCASTLE? had alotta great times in there. but lately, i havent found any safe ways to get in there. we used to ride up the river from coonvalley, which would be from the west of pickle farm, but all the entrances i know of have been closed off by johnny law.

so maybe we can hook up and ride!! PM me and lemme know.

X

Old 11-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

ok,

so if polaris atvs are the worst quads built today, what you are doing on the polaris forum in the first place?

you are only here to start ****.

how about you take your polaris bashing attitude to a different forum. EH?

X

Old 11-14-2004, 01:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Scrambler,

My buddy with the 400 new a guy named paunch who worked for the people who own pickle farm. we had keys to the gates when he was around. Still theri are other places to ride. I will keep in touch.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

im runnin a 04 scrambler and i love it, its a good quad for a rider with my skills and a blast in the woods, ive never riden a V-Force but they look like awesome machines. i think the bars on the v-force are to low tho, i ride standing up almost 75% of the time and the first thing i woudl do to a v-force is mod the bars. the scramblers not as fast as the v-force but its a blast to ride, and i used the 4 wheel drive prolly 10 times this year and w.o ik i would of been stuck big time, at the moment tho i wouldnt go with a v-force just because i dont think i need 700cc's underneath me and if u need that much power you mise well go to a predator, trx, yfz, or another high performance sport quad. thats my personal opinion

Old 11-30-2004, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

hey xtreme, cool pics.

like it much better with the new bumper and some of the stickers removed.

X

Old 11-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Heheh! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He might not have purposely removed the stickers. I removed mud similar to the picture shown and lost my front sticker and caught the blunder when half of the rear fender sticker pealed back. But I agree nice ride. I really need to post some pics I will get around to it this weekend.

Quick Reply: Trying to choose between Polaris Scrambler 500 or Kawasaki KFX700 ?