Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ritter Cycle Products?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am very pleased with HPD's trail pipe on my Scrambler. The service was great and Darrel was very patient on the phone with my 1000 rediculous questions. The only negative is what he told me about Aaens' roller clutch kit. He gave me the wrong idea of how well it is supposed to perform. Besides that, HPD is A-1.... As for future mods such as porting...maybe I will call Rick Ritter also. I usually base my purchases on lots of peoples' personal experience here in the forums.

Good Luck

Old 09-07-2000, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

Yes Ritter is great on the cust. service
I talked to Rick a few weeks ago about a used rcr rev pipe i picked up and told him I was going to do my own shoot out rcr rev. pipe vs. hpd trail, and he was very helpful and interested, well I somehow got the time to swap pipes.
#1 the workmanship on "my" rcr pipe was very good
#2 the rcr pipe was about 1.5mph faster on the topend vs. my hpd trail pipe, tested on about a 1
mile strech of dirt road.speed checked by elec. speedo & gps
#3 the hpd trail pipe pulls harder on the bottom end & mid range(but remember its a rcr hi rev. pipe)
#4 my 400 is quicker on the sand hills with the hpd pipe..but wide open across the desert the rcr pipe feels good.
#5 I put the hpd pipe back on my 400 because I liked the way the hpd pipe pulls/plus its chrome
#6 Ive never tried a hpd race pipe so cant say how it runs
#7 a pal of mine got my rcr pipe and my quad is still faster and quicker than his BUT! i have porting+39mm carb+billet head+v-force reeds. so that only makes since.
#8 my pals 400 w/rcr pipe is faster and quicker than our stock scr400 2x4 in a big way
What dos all this mean...Nothing buy from who you like hpd or rcr they both make great pipes just know what you want... trail or race and tell them either one will hook you up in the speed dept.
and your buddys quad may rip with a brand A pipe... yours may just rip harder with a brand B
you just dont know till you try

Old 09-07-2000, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Jack:

Can you point out in this, or any other thread, where someone said that they did not like Rick Ritter?

You seem to have an amazing knack for putting words in peoples mouths. And I'm not referring to this thread alone.

Old 09-07-2000, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer

Good points. The choice of the word laughable is what got me. Anyway. I like Rick and I will stick with Rick. I think it is more like comparing BMW to Volvo. Both great products, it just is taste.

Oh yeah, are you telling me the Gremlin is NOT a sports car? Wait 'til I see my parents... LOL

Old 09-07-2000, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey QuadDaddy --

Go take a dump and call me in 2 days. Obviously you must have a problem that needs to be taken care of. No, I don't put words in anyone's mouth, but it sure "sounds" like you don't like RcR, or am I imagining this.

If you want something in your mouth, then we need to run together so you can taste my roost. You need to understand the meaning of horsepower, sonny.

Bye bye, for now . . .

www.godigital-design.com/schultzmotorsports

Old 09-07-2000, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quadfather,
yah,he's at it again.I just read the entire post AGAIN.I dont see where ANYONE stated about not liking Rick.Poor guy,he needs help.You bring out a point in your post about him putting words in peoples mouth and he denys it even after posting it.

Well,one thing for sure,its certainly more than one post he has had to stick his foot in his mouth,and you know the one im talking about.

Old 09-07-2000, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Jack,

Maybe HPD doesn't return your calls because they have realized that you are nothing but an arrogant Jack-***.

It seems I dislike Rick so much that I took the time to scan the article in ATV Sport about his products and mail him a copy after he told me via telephone that he could not find/or did not have the time to get the magazine.

Also, I find it hard to believe that someone with a head as large as yours can find a helmet that will fit.

Old 09-10-2000, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Butt out Silly Billy . . . are you and your union buddies carrying around your Gore posters yet? It probably looks good on you.

Old 09-10-2000, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Only in your opinion, quad-daddy . . . oops, you took my name in vain, shame, shame. You will pay dearly.

Old 09-10-2000, 05:48 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Rick is a good guy with a product well worth the $. The kit will really wake up your machine's performance.

Quick Reply: Ritter Cycle Products?