Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ritter Cycle Products?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2000, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recently (yesterday) purchased a used 1999 Polaris Trail Boss. I was thumbing through DIRTWHEELS magazine and saw an ad for Ritter Cycle Racing. I was thinking about getting their Polaris Package for $325 (includes pipe and silencer, jetting, air box mod, clutcjing)Was curious if anyone has dealt with them, what you think of the products, and what performance gains should I expect? Thanks!

Old 09-03-2000, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

It doesn't get any better for Polaris than RCR products and technical help. There are numerous threads discussing RCR and/or Rick Ritter. While you're on the phone with him, you might as well get the lower steering post bushing from him... If your Polaris doesn't already have it, it WILL need it. He has a web-site, www.rittercycle.com (I think thats it) But, due to the overwhelming volume of e-mail he gets, it is sometimes difficult to get a timely response. Do a search on RCR or Ritter Cycle and read some of the threads that have been dedicated to him.

Old 09-03-2000, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, RCR is one of the leaders in Polaris performance. And you will NEVER find better customer service then at RCR.

Old 09-03-2000, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum. You are obviously new to the forum if you have not heard about Ritter's products. I have purchased the stage 1 kit and am very pleased with the product as well as the support I recieved after the sale. My kit was for a '00 Trail Blazer which is very similar to the T-Boss. My wife rides a '99 Trail Boss and loves it(it was mine to begin with and I liked it too) good luck with yours.

Old 09-04-2000, 02:39 AM
Range Rover

Rick is great to deal with, RCR and HPD are the only way to go in the polaris aftermarket parts game.

Old 09-04-2000, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Rick even sells his own and the HPD Pipes, if you have a preference.
I trusted Rick to do the porting and head mods on my Scrambler and I am very happy with the resuts.

Old 09-04-2000, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Stick with HPD. The quality of thier products are top notch. RcR is mediocre at best. I've had both on my Sport, and there is no comparison. The gains are decent with RcR, but the fit and finish is laughable. With HPD, the gains are incredible, as is the fit and finish.

Old 09-06-2000, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

Laughable Quadfather? That is BS. I have no experiance with HPD and I am sure they are great. RCR's service is Top notch and the Fit and Finish of my products from RCR are #1. If you have bad luck with a company I suggest to anyone giving them a second chance. I have had problems with my 2000 Polaris but I will not call Palaris laughable. My 2 cents.

Old 09-06-2000, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

If you think the fit/finish of your kit is good, you would be blown away by the fit/finish of HPD. You are satisfied with it because you have nothing to compare it to.

Look at it this way, if your parents gave you a Gremlin when you first got your drivers license, you would think it was the greatest car on earth, that is, until they gave you a Cadillac.

HPD's product support is every bit as good as RcR's. Darrell will spend all the time you want on the phone answering your questions. Rick must know HPD is high quality, he sells them right along side his products.

I'm not trying to put RcR products down, I'm just passing along information some people new to the sport might find useful. Again, I have had both products on my quad, I'm telling you my personal experiences and beliefs. If you want to save a few bucks and get decent gains, stick with RcR. If you are a little picky with your quad as I am, and want the best bang for your buck, go with HPD.

Old 09-06-2000, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to completely disagree with the assessment of RcR products compared to HPD and/or others. I have used products from all of them, HPD, RcR, SLP, PSI, TPI, Erlandson, Aaen, Hot Seat, and several others that I've probably forgotten (sorry).

I will say this, from my "own" personal experience, that Rick Ritter is the "man" when it comes to customer service. If you do happen to get something that may not be to your liking, he will take care of it, or give you your money back. It's no BS at RcR, good, solid stuff, day in and day out.

Just try to get an answer from HPD sometime, I have found it virtually impossible, at times, to get an answer for weeks at a time. Or the pat answer of "we are working on it". Boy has that one been use up, or what! He's always working on something that may never see that may never see the light of day in our lifetime. Darrell is a great engineer, but things just don't happen like they should.

In fact, I've probably spent more $$$$ at HPD because of suspension parts in the early days than at any of them. In fact, you might be the first (only) person I've ever heard of that doesn't like Rick. Heck, he's easy to deal with, very personable, gives you a straight answer and will tell you the truth. There is a lot to be said for that in today's world. I wish he was in McKean.

I have one of his pipes on our 400SS. I've tried several others also, and have two of them laying around right now gathering dust. His pipe (at least the one he sold me), might be ugly, but it works better than any we have tried. Including one of the "pretty" ones from FMF. I've got an HPD, and Aaen here also just gathering dust. We also tried them on another 400 Polaris andhave found that the RcR Trail pipe is a real good choice for many that have minimal engine mods.

It's one thing to have a pretty pipe, but I'll take the power any day. In fact, Mike Chero has probably one of the best looking pipes that RcR ever made. I even had it silver ceramic coated, and then Rick sent me "the PIPE", so Mike and I worked out a trade. I had to part with the ceramic coated pipe in favor of the "ugly pipe".

Hey Mike, are you still running that silver ceramic coated pipe. That one did fit and look better than any pipe I had in before, for some reason.

Oh well, in the end, parts are parts. It's who you have to deal with and how they treat you that makes the difference. Oh yes, his stuff does work too! HPD does not have the corner on performance with Polaris atv's, believe me. They all have their place and all make some good stuff.

www.godigital-design.com/schultzmotorsports

Quick Reply: Ritter Cycle Products?