Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator?

Bradracer thats the info i was looking for thankyou.Its the little things
that he can watch out for that i was trying to find.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default predator?

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: RAJ
Ride them like he stole them.
Anything useful to contribute?

There are a few recurring issues with the pred, but I cannot remember exactly which ones carried into the 04 model year and which were fixed. Hopefully someone will post an intelligent answer to your question. Sorry for the poor input.
I'm so SORRY Maddog, we all know everything that comes out of your mouth is useful. Please dont be mad, or I will lose sleep over it.........NOT!!!!!!

I was going on my buddy's 03 and 04, they have not had any problems....and thats what they do.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default predator?

Raj i just read your other post and understand your enthusiasm comepletly.
Sweet pred have fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default predator?

atvaddict.........Don't think poorly of RAJ, he is a great guy, and just got into the pred world..........hopefully he has as good of luck as I have had......

One more thing to look for, the 03's had some tranny issues, so check and make sure it shifts smoothly(when running) and it goes into neutral(can be hard, actually I think the harder it goes into neutral the better, because it seems to get better as time goes on, thus the quad wouldn't have as much wear and tare)......but if you shut it off, it should go into neutral easily.

Another thing I would ask the owner, I would ask about the timeliness(on time) of the oil changes. The first one is supposed to be 1 hr, then about 5 hrs, then every 10 or less hrs after that. This is my standard anyways. Check the oil to see how often they change it, once mine is black(in my eyes, there are different shades of black) then I drop it.....which is usually around or before 10 hrs.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default predator?

Brad, I'm beginning to like you more and more. Great post and very helpful and on topic.

Raj...whatever floats your boat man.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default predator?

I just purchased a new 04 Predator, and I love it! $5499 out the door at the end of summer on So.Cal. I have been out a couple of times, they only problem I see with mine is that is stall in neutral. I tried to fix it with the idle and that didnt work. I did find some slack in the throtlle. I just push on it to take up the slack and it fires right up, and stays running. It looks like I need to make a small adjustment this weekend. The quad is heavy, I believe 470 lbs...

Old 11-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default predator?

Thanks for the help everyone.Ive heard storys and i wanted to get the truth from
the owners.Bradracer18 hes getting two new,he wants the waranty that goes with it.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default predator?

470 Wet weight MAYBE....... Certainly not dry weight as all the manufacturers like to go by. The pred is a dry weight of 412lbs.

Another thing that I can tell you of that I'm suffering from both of is the brake recall, and the seat latch coming loose. The splitter block for the front brake system is a known failure, but polaris DOES cover it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The other problem is over time the rear seat latch likes to loose its grip. The fix for the seat cover is to put a tractor style securing ring/pin.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default predator?

Pred's aren't all that bad. Except one minor thing is yea the front brakes, you can notice them. My buddy rolled his, wasnt to bad but the steering was a little shaky, turns out down where it says PRO STEERING in front one of the two 1/2 inch bolts came completely out. Something to look out for, coulda been dangerous. The 03 Pred's I know aren't made to wheelie to bad, but when you want to you can. Not to much low end, but mid and top seem to pull. The Fox Podium shox seem to swallow up alot. Oh um, BTW, my buddy's Pred also seemed to leak oil, I mean POOR OUT OF THE CASE. Covered by warranty. my 2 cents.

Old 11-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default predator?

A good thing about the preds is that Polaris seems to cover about everything on warranty.........

Quick Reply: predator?