Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is the most popular performance mods for a Trailblazer 250?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the most popular performance mods for a Trailblazer 250?

I have a 2001 Polaris Trailblazer 250 that I would like to upgrade the pipe on. I have had this atv for a few months now and I this is the first atv that I have ever owned. I wanted to know what the most popular choice for an upgraded pipe was. I was also wanting to find out which silencer they are using with it also. I have seen many different pipes from different manufacturers but didn't know which one was the best bang for the buck. Also didn't know if I had to get the jets done as well when changing out the pipe or just get a clutch kit. I was also looking for a new air filter as well. I am doing all of this in hopes of increasing the speed on this atv as my friends have 400's and I wanted to keep up with them. Not really interested in selling it, just wanted to increase performance. Any help would be appreciated. I went to several websites but didn't know exactly what I needed to order or which was the best option.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

If you want to hang with the 400s then I would do the reed conversion on it. If you want to blow them away then stroke it. Just depends on how much money you want to spend and how fast you want to go.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:54 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Call Rick Riter or check out his web site @ RcR.com. He has everything you need. You will have to do some engine mods to keep up with the 400. I heard you can make the 250 scream. My buddy just sold his to get the 04 Pred. He put that thing through He!! Very good quad, they will last for ever, aslong as you do the up keep on them. Make sure you lube the chain, and grease the fittings, and spray them off good when done riding. Have fun and be safe!

Old 11-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RcR is your best bet give them a call and get the choices.I am sure someone on here will post the link to his site.I have his number but it is in the garage.

Old 11-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey thanks for the info. I will definitely have to check out RcR and see what Rick suggests. I tried going to www.rcr.com but I don't think that it is the right website. Does anyone have the link?

Old 11-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Hello rprice6, the website is www.rittercycle.com. Hope this helps.

Old 11-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

azbadboyz.com

Old 11-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

So how would a piped, jetted and clutched TB 250 do against say a stock 400cc sport quad (400EX, Z400)? I just bought a very very clean 03 TB 250 for my wife. Quad was ridden by another guy's wife like 3 times. Picked it up for $1500. Anyway, it's 100% stock right now, and I was looking at the RCR trail pipe kit (8 hp increase). Comes with pipe, silencer, jet kit, filter, air box mod, clutch spring for $325 shipped. Hard to ignore it for that kinda cash. Anyway, I'm hoping that it will make the 250 a lot quicker and faster (again, close to a stock 400cc sport quad)? Also, will I need to re-gear the machine (different size sprockets)? This is mainly for trail riding (no duning). Thanks!

Old 11-11-2004, 11:19 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Quadzilla69......Welcome to the fourms. You will still need some engine mods to keep up with the 400. Have the head sent off and have it shaved, have a port and polish job done, and get a set of Delta V-Force reeds, along with the pipe and jet & the clutch kit, and a good air filter....then I would say you can beat the stock 400. I have never seen a hoped up 250, BUT I think they would be hard to beat.

Old 11-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply RAJ. Please don't take offense to this but I'm hoping the hear from somebody who has a hopped up 250 (piped and jetted). I don't want to go into the motor until it's ready for a rebuild. Also want to hear about the stock gearing and whether or not it should be changed when you pipe and jet the quad. Again, thanks!

Quick Reply: What is the most popular performance mods for a Trailblazer 250?