Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

remote starter for EFI's

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote starter for EFI's

just for fun, has anyone thought about putting a remote starter on there EFI. just curious, it would never be necessary but would be funny to see one on a quad huh. think about it, you could start your quad and let the hand warmers heat up or something. ha ha.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it would actually be pretty cool, were I ride the utility guys have all kinds of cool stuff like that.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

What use would it serve?

Maybe so that when you accidentally hit the start in your pocket and your machine is sitting near the edge of a cliff and then it starts creeping forward and drops the 1000 feet off the cliff and you have to walk 30 miles back to your truck....maybe that would be a good idea, ya.... :-)

Old 11-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think it's a great idea Silverbullet!

-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Be easy enough to do. They have them on Cat 4-stroke sleds. Connect the lockout wire that prevents starting a car in gear to the shifter position switch, and it could never start in gear. That same connection prevents someone from jumping on and driving away until the key is inserted and turned on.

Old 11-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not saying I would do it, but was curious to see if anyone else had thought of it. there wouldn't be any real use for it on a quad. just though it would be a funny thought to see if anyone had thought of it.

Old 11-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

You sure could have fun with it after parking beside a friend and walking away......Start it up, let him ask what the hell? Turn it off and walk over and say " you are nuts, It isnt running""

Old 11-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

How do the ones on cars know when the car turns over? On my grandfathers caddilac to start it you just turn the key for a second, it holds the starter stops when the engine turns over.I would assume they watch the tach, on the ATV you could do a hold-to-start thing like the key is. All you would really need is remote control relay to power the starter.
Actually you would need a creative way to keep the system power on, but only after you hit the remote... sorry thinkin out loud. Or do it the right way and rig a remote car starter on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

you use the voltage sensing aspect of the remote starter, once it sees the alternator kick in the voltage it kills the starter, this seems like a pretty easy thing to do, prolly half hour at most

Old 03-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Range Rover

Hi Bullet....

I know two guys that did that very thing. they both addapted remote units built for cars. It's sort of cool, but not my cup of tea. I'm a less is more kind of guy. If it don't give me power.... It's outta here!!

Great for the guy that needs as much bling as possible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Like my neighbor.... Right Steve? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: remote starter for EFI's