Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

They Hate Polaris.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"They Hate Polaris..."

They hate Jeff Gordon too.....Ever been to a NASCAR race in person? On TV you can't hear the boos and obcenities being yelled when they introduce him.

Why?
Because, like Polaris, he is a winner. When you are on top everybody tries to bring you down. I'm not a Gordon fan, but I don't hate him.

When I'm not riding my SP500 I ride my street bike which is a big Japanese Cruiser style. Any time I'm around a bunch of other bikers the Harley guys always have their comments about how Jap bikes are all a POS. Well, that's OK with me. I have a water cooled engine and shaft drive (both of which were "must have" features to me) and a bigger V-Twin engine than a Harley. Oh yeah, the money I saved versus what a Harley would have cost me paid for one of my SP500's. I'm not "Harley bashing" either, because no bike sounds better and few look as good as a Harley to me.
Anyway, the bottom line is I got the ride I wanted in both 2-wheeled and 4-wheeled variety and I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks about them. They both are exactly what I wanted, if they weren't I'd be riding something else.

Old 09-06-2000, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Bigbabbyquad: Learn to read, I was not ripping your brand. I was simply stating that you as most other owners are not excempt from bashing others. If you are, then why is it that you would even feel the urge to post this topic of OTHERS bashing you. I was just stating that Polaris owners bash Honda riders as well, thanks again for making my point.

Old 09-06-2000, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

Seems to me you were comparing Polaris to oil leeking Harley's that need weekly repairs?

Old 09-06-2000, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

I have yet to experience in my face Polaris dislike. maybe i am an impossing figure on my SP they don't dare? LOL
but once was on a poker run and there was a break down up front. and someone on a Grizz said it must be a Polaris, well come to find out it was a grizz that had died and halted 100 atv's for an hour, he then says well hey it is all part of 4 wheeling it can happen to anyone. Totally changed his tune when it was a quad just like his that broke down. It was very amusing.

Old 09-06-2000, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer

It's funny, when I had a Honda CB750 street bike the Harley riders would say that POS made from left over beer cans left from WWII that we left over there, with new fangled equipment like disc brakes etc. Now I here from Honda riders, my jap bike is better, that polaris has to much new fangled equipment on it etc. It is the same with truck brands etc. People always seem to bash what other people may be using if it is a different brand. It does not matter what brand you buy because you will run into somebody who will say it is a POS.

Old 09-06-2000, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

BigBubbaQuad,

It sounds like the old "green eyed monster" (envy) is alive and well near you.

Old 09-06-2000, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

I used to have the only Polaris in our riding group. After riding with me and my Scrambler for a while and watching me climb hills most of them wouldn't even try, we now have 3 Scramblers in our group. Most idiots go strictly by word-of-mouth, but when they actually ride with a Polaris they ususally change their tune.

Old 09-06-2000, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Alaskaweasel: Now ya got my dander up bad mouthing my Harleys!
(Buy the way if you can find one drop of oil under my 20 year old Chopper I'll buy ya a steak dinner and all the brewskis you can handle)

Old 09-06-2000, 01:39 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Hey Big Bubba
I live close to the San Jacinto and ride there quite often. Ignore the jerks. Most of the folks are quite nice but as usual there are jerks everywhere. If Polaris was that bad....why are they the #2 seller of ATVs in the World?
We need to get together and run the river! I live off of 1488.

Old 09-06-2000, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

Steak dinner and Brewski's? Can I bring my own oil can? haha

Quick Reply: They Hate Polaris.....