Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

They Hate Polaris.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 02:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What an unfortunate incident.
It boggles my mind how ignorant some people are.

I don't have many people to ride with, so when I do get the chance to ride with someone or encounter a fellow atv'er, I'm just happy as a pig in sh$t, regardless of what they are riding.

Old 09-06-2000, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

I really love riding Polaris. "Most" other brand riders alwys have something negative to say, so there is absolutely no "performance anxiety" on my part. Both my Polari will always out-perform the ATV's of the people I ride with. It goes places and does things that always impresses them all. I can see it on there faces, but they will never say it. LOL.......I am always in front and the first to get asked to go in the deep mud. Why is that?

I prefer that a lot of riders have predjudices against my Polari. This way I will always have the best quad in the group, the fastest and strongest. No skin off my back. It's like back in Highschool: If you know you are cool...then you are cool! Don't listen to what the people with no clue to reality have to say. Like you said, most are riding really old, low to the ground 220cc machines. Just cover them with dust or "swoosh" by them in the mud on your "slipping belt" machine and get them soaking wet!
Then look back and smile!!

Warning: The statements above are my own personal opinions and not intended to bash other makes and models of ATV's. No malice intended.

Old 09-06-2000, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

ChopperBill: I wasn't bashing Harley's, I was using them as an example of how polaris owners say how honda sucks by comparing Polaris strong points vs Hondas weak points. That you might agree is how arguements of Harley vs Jap bikes goes. What i was getting at is Harley and Jap bikes have different tendencies and ways of doing things, not that either are bad, but some like the speed and looks of a Jap bike, some like the chrome, and sound of a Harley. What i ment by the OIL underneath your chopper was a stereotype. Polaris owners are also stereotyped, i know. But the point i was making (i wasn't bashing Polaris, just people like bigbubbaquad) that say that Honda riders are exempt from critisim on the trail or on the forums. That was false, go over to the Honda forum, there are more Polaris owners there than Honda, sometimes (figure of speach). Sorry if anyone took it wrong, just thought i might add WE are just as tired of hearing about Polaris as you are.

About the steak Dinner, I'll take you to Nebraska and we can eat all the free steak we want

Old 09-06-2000, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

TreeFarmer,
Sorry for my tardiness. Are you expecting me to go off because someone has question the superiority of the Mighty Polaris. Apparantly you are not aware that I am now Anti-Polaris. I am considering trading my 2000SP500 for a Bayou220. The Bayou has proven itself a reliable quad for years with little or no maintenance. There is no rubber band to get wet or break either.

Greg

Old 09-06-2000, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

wouldn't that be quite a change. 500 to a 220.

Old 09-06-2000, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

ASK-A-WEASEL,
I LOVE YA MAN!

Old 09-06-2000, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Get on with your life. Who cares what these yahoo's think! They will find something to put You or your ride down, no matter what it is. Just look at them & laugh.

Old 09-06-2000, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

snowshark,

You have a good point, I guess if I like my xped its all good.

Also how do you like the Rancher, my riding bubby is thinking of selling his 300 fourtrax and getting the rancher. Only thing is no one we know has a Rancher yet. We know the fourtrax is a run for ever work horse, is the rancher the same.
Thanks,

Old 09-06-2000, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

BigBubba,

You are right on man. If you are happy with your ride then to heck (not my first word choice) with them. Let them ride around on there old piece of doo doo. Because you know you can blow their door off.

My Rancher, good quad. No problems in the 6 month & 600 miles on it. It will be like night & day when compared to a 300. Tell your buddy to shop around because Honda is dealing much on price & he might be able to find a bigger quad for the same price or a few hundred more.

My wife will move up to my Rancher next year & I will get something a little bigger. No I won't be getting a Rubicon only because of the price $7K. Yeah, I can afford it but toys are getting TOO expensive. Yes, I will look at Polaris, along with Kawasaki, if they ever release there big bore quad.

Good Luck. I lived in Texas for 6 years & can relate to some of the backwater mentality that is down there.

Old 09-06-2000, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cob- I can't make fun of yours until the plastic dry rots and becomes a stale yellowish brown color. I think the guy that bought the 225 from us went out and bought a few cans of Krylon and turned it into a camoflauge redneck wagon.

Quick Reply: They Hate Polaris.....