Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

They Hate Polaris.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2000, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend and I went riding this weekend on the San Jacinto river off hwy 90 east of Houston TX. He rides a Honda 300 fourtrax ( which I helped rebuild) and me on my Polaris. We had a good time , and alot of people were out riding.

Well as we rode we would stop to talk as we passed other groups, all types of wheelers, but anyone not riding a Polaris felt they had to tell me what a POS my Polaris was. What's with this I love to ride and do not care what you ride, as long as we ride, ya know? Well at first I blew them off, but after 10+ encounters with the ANTI-POLARIS-COALITION I began to get mad.

Alot of these experts rode ragged out, bald tired, smokin', duct tape fendered, 220cc Four Wheelers. And they sat there telling me how my wheeler couldn't even cross 2" of water.
My quad is brand new with 589's and Douglas wheels and if I do say so, looks damn good.
Then an EXPERT told me how my Xped has a belt and will slip like all Polaris ect., ect..

Other guys on Mags and SP were swimming thier wheelers across a pond while this dude is talking.
I know we should be PC but they are stupid ###holes.

So I've rode 4 wheelers for years and never been bashed until a bought the Polaris, Why? I read alot and talked to alot of people prior to getting the Xped, and hands down Polaris wins.
So they hate what they do not have or cannot afford.

And still do not dislike any brand of ATV, but I do dislike alot of the people who ride them, now.

Old 09-05-2000, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Hey maybe there jelious and if they are let em be you know that your happy with your ride, and thats all that counts. Plus proving them wrong would be to much fun.

Old 09-05-2000, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

You know, Ive had a similar experience although it was just one person doing the talking. Me and my buddies were out riding and these 2 guys on a 300AC tagged in behind us. When we stopped to take a break this one guy started in on how his brother(who BTW never said a word) just bought this AC300 and its the best quad on the market. He mentioned the smooth ride of the IRS and how Polaris aint got anything like it, the whole time hes standing right behind 2 SP500s!!

Then he starts in on the belt and how if Polaris had a gear drive tranny they would be better..my Xpedition425 was parked next to the 2 SP500s!

He went on and on about how great his brothers quad was and about how he was gonna buy one just like it. He was convinced that his brothers quad would outdo our Polaris', although he declined all of our challenges..hillclimbs, mud, etc.

This guy claimed to have done his homework but he definitely got a failing grade in my book. Dont get me wrong, I hope he went out and bought one just like his brothers and loves it but please, if you gonna talk trash out on the trails...do it with an educated tongue!

I aint quad bashing..Im RIDER bashing!
thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Old 09-05-2000, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's Greg Sims when you need him? (smiley faces)

The polarity and passion one's choice of quad generates in some folks amazes me.

I'm brand-neutral in an equal-opportunity, tolerant sort of way; I've ridden with all makes (e.g., all makes represented among about 6000 ATV's at Cochranton one year); my conclusion: they ALL have something of value to offer, ALL are fun, and: I don't think anyone's still left stranded somewhere out there on the Cochranton trails because their quad can't make it.

Tree Farmer

Old 09-05-2000, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bubba (like this is really appropriate for someone named bubba), there are a lot of simple minded redneck idiots out there that hear somebody say something (like slipping belts), and then repeat it like they were experts on the matter. A lot of uninformed idiots will always try to tell you what is wrong with your quad, no matter what kind it is. Like you said, a lot riding 220's too. Let them talk. They will eventually leave. I grew up with a kid with a TRX 200 honda, and no matter what, he swore his was better than both of my yamahas. His was always the fastest, though I outran his *** several times on the little YFM200 I had, and literally left him behind on the YFM225. His would also climb better (than the 200 yes, 225 not a prayer) than mine, though the 225 followed him anywhere and everywhere that he had the guts to go. In the end, all he had on mine was that mine was an ugly yellow color and his was red. Not much of an argueing point. Then we got the 300 honda and both his 200 and 250 were only good then. Not because I had a much better quad, only because I now had a honda.

I can see where somebody on a 450 can ride by and scoff at somebody's 250 trail boss, but not when you are on a Sportsman or Expedition, and they are riding a pre-civil war 300 bayou 2wd, with bent up racks and a dog box on the back. Thats about like me trying to say that my old 200 yamaha didn't have a belt to slip so it was better than the Artic Cat automatic.

Old 09-05-2000, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Bubba, for some reason people love to bash Polaris. I guess because Polaris didn't rubber stamp atv's that are squaty, manual shift run of the mill bikes. Polaris dared to be different and every bully likes to pick on the different kid in class. Well, all of a sudden the other companies started building bikes with clearance to compete with that of Polaris. Then they start building automatics like Polaris. Then they start putting more bikes in their line up Like Polaris rather then the typical 3 or 4. Hmmm, I'm seeing a trend here. When they start talking trash to me about Polaris, I ask them to be specific. Then I have fun picking apart their lack of knowledge on Polaris'. "We don't care what you ride, JUST RIDE!"

Old 09-05-2000, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

ANDY
Watch that ugly YELLOW remark you may hurt some ones feelings,some old guy that has a chicken yellow quad that hurts easy and is tender hearted,maybe listening to this.LOL
BUBBA
Don't take it to heart,let the machine do the talking,just agree with them say yeah your right,they'll have no answer.If you argue then they have you right where they want you,but as I say just agree and watch thier faces they have no answer and will move on.CM

Old 09-06-2000, 12:53 AM
Les
Trailblazer

Now I'm really confused, I just bought a Polaris, '97 300 2x4. I wonder if my Hondas will let it park next or will I have to park next to the Yamaha. Maybe I'll go out to the shop one morning and find a Hybrid "PolHonYama" or some thing like that. Don't let them get to you. You are riding quality equipment.
Ride Hard Ride Safe.
Les
Northern Nevada ATV Pullers

Old 09-06-2000, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Not to start a war here, but if i didn't look real hard, it wouldn't be so obvious that if you all don't like being ripped on, then stay out of the Honda forum. I know i am in the Polaris forum, but i rarely comment due to knowing how you all feel for your quad. Well if push comes to shove, i would bet we see more of you over in the Honda forum starting BRAND LOYALTY posts a lot more than Honda riders over here. I won't even go into names, heck everytime a SP500 so much as farts, we here about it in the Honda forum. Maybe you are all like Harley riders, the thing can leak oil, need repairs weekly, run like cr##, and smell like cr## and still be gold. Now i know i am going to hear it, but i really don't care, I DON'T DISLIKE POLARIS, I HAVE A POLARIS SNOWMOBILE AND LOVE IT. I just think some of you might want to remember that everytime us Honda riders go out and run into SP owners that all we here about is IRS this and IRS that. Besides i don't even need to go riding to hear about it. IF i had wanted a IRS atv i would have bought one. Polaris has it's advantages vs Honda and vice versa. Heck even Harley's have things on the Jap bikes. But if you want to talk about how the Polaris bikes are faster, better ride, and just plane are better then don't go there with Harley vs Honda bikes. Jap bikes are tons better......... OH, wait, some like Harley's dont they, well maybe some people just like Honda atv's (good with the bad) to. Happy atving and vote for BUSH or loose your rights........

AKSCRAMBLER: IF they dared to be different, then why oh why have they followed everyone else and made a manual shift and have solid axles. They cant stick to their guns any better than anyone else. What is your point then......they all follow at some point.

PS: Email me, we should go ride, liked your pictures. Got some for you also..... later, scott

Old 09-06-2000, 02:07 AM
Trailblazer

Thank You Brother,
You have just proven my point far better than I ever could have.
You are so insecure the you search the Polaris posts just to start ###t. I posted to Polaris about a Polaris, without having bashed any brand, however you are exactly the rider type I refer to in my original post.
Thanks again for being you.
Roll on brother.

Quick Reply: They Hate Polaris.....