Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

They Hate Polaris.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 09:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Straight axles and manual shift aren't exactly good things to consider as "following somebody else's idea". If its not automatic and its not manual, then what is it? Thinkomatic? Where you think of a gear or speed, and the quad's telepathic message center reacts? Follow the leader again. Why did everyone else come out with an automatic? Maybe because there is a crowd that likes them, so they had to adjust. I don't prefer them, but thats beside the point. Polaris used straight axles on everything until 96 anyway, so it isn't like they followed on that one.

If you want to talk about following, why did everyone follow Yamaha when they introduced shaft drive on a three wheeler first? You can say that Polaris dared to be different. They used struts first, used their own version of the IRS first, and automatics first too. Not to mention standard floorboards and single lever brakes. Say what you want about these things, but they were different from what everyone else was doing. I guess with that being said, you could figure that they did dare to be different.

Old 09-06-2000, 09:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You do have a point on the sales thing. Honda hadn't put out anything other than the Foreman 400 at one time and noticed Polaris was catching up in sales. They managed to slap out the 450's and the 400EX, but not in time to claim the top sales for 1998. Polaris landed that one. Honda's new quads did boost them back to the top right after that, but the point is that Polaris had leapfrogged Yamaha and closed the gap to make Honda think that maybe they needed to start producing newer models.

Old 09-06-2000, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

ChopperBill,
I hope that 20 year old Harley is still a chain drive, you know how those new-fangled belt drives slip and leave you stranded every time it rains

Old 09-06-2000, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean Bubba. I don't ride a Polaris but I sure as hell don't think they are a bad quad. I've gone riding with all different types and makes. 3 wheelers, quads, both 2x and 4x, and dirt bikes, when I can keep up. Those guys can go so many places I can't! I've been riding street bikes for 23 yrs, and have gotten the same sort of crap from alot of Harley riders. Things like "jap crap", "rice grinder", etc. Bikers wave at each other when we pass each other on the road. Most bikers that is, about half the Harley riders won't wave at a guy on a Jap bike. I haven't got anything against Harleys, quite the opposite. I think they are a work of art. If I were rich I would have bought my V-max for speed and power and a Harley for cruising. Bottom line is, to hell with those guys that hacked on your Polaris. As long as your happy!

Old 09-07-2000, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I like all quads, who cares what you ride, lets just ride.

While out riding a few weeks ago, me on my trailblazer and my frind on his Scrambler 500 came acrossed a guy on a new Big Bear Buckmaster edition. We talked for about 20 minutes, then got to talking about our ATVs. He mentioned something about us ridding machines that "have those slipper clutches". We told him we had no problem with our "slipper clutchs". He had the nerve to say these thing while he was sitting on a brand new machine with holes and cracks all over the plastic. (If you remember the Big Bear Buckmasters had the brittle plastic for awhile.)
Neither of us said anything, as just let it slide. We ended up riding with the guy for a few hours and had a ton of fun. And he even pulled my Polaris out of the mud a few times.

So as I started this thread, I will say again, I like all quads, who cares what you ride, lets just ride.

Old 09-07-2000, 01:09 PM
Trailblazer

If you all have a moment, take a look at my post in Honda Forum with the title, 'Who cares...'.

I was trying to add my thoughts about all of this machine bashing just because you don't ride a particular brand of quad.

Schtick

Old 09-07-2000, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

so far, all the people I have met on the trail or rode with, are all polite. We do have some polite comparing here and their. Lots of it, is just polaris versus polaris. I't has bothered me lately, that I have had a bunch of parts go bad on
my polaris atv. I still like my quad. So far, It has never made me take a long walk out of the woods. It has always drove out on its own power. I
think polaris has more work to do, to get its reliability up to where it should be. They are all
wonderfull quads though. The last time out and the
one and only time I rode with 2 honda's. One of them made the comment that he thought my mudbug tires and my xpedition were outstanding. I told him, you say that, even though you saw me get stuck quite a few times through this bog. He said that he was watching and was impressed with my machine. Everybody got stuck out there. I thought I got stuck more then I should have. I think if I actually met someone that was seriously bashing my
polaris quad or polaris in general, I don't think I would want to ride with them.... rangerchet

Old 09-07-2000, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

Hey I like Polaris.....and I do not even own one.I think they are one of the leaders in the industry with new ideas and improvements.

Old 09-07-2000, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

Well... Since we r on the POLARIS subject....

Naw, maybe I better not say anything... lol

Long live the king, baby!

-2000 king quad
-97 honda 300 4x4
-Just sold POLARIS (junk)

Old 09-07-2000, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Good Idea Jester, why waste good forum space spouting crap.

Quick Reply: They Hate Polaris.....