Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Are you Fat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you Fat?

Yeah, you gotta watch those gas fumes!! I love riding behind my old man's bike. That 110 Race Gas is some good smelling stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now, what was this thread about? Polaris being heavier than the competition?? You don't like it, then stay with your cheaply made Jap bikes. K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It doesn't seem to affect us that actually RIDE these machines!

Old 11-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
Yeah, you gotta watch those gas fumes!! I love riding behind my old man's bike. That 110 Race Gas is some good smelling stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now, what was this thread about? Polaris being heavier than the competition?? You don't like it, then stay with your cheaply made Jap bikes. K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It doesn't seem to affect us that actually RIDE these machines!

good points, ride what you like, don't troll in others territories....we respect opinions, just not trolls...

Old 11-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you Fat?

Ahh,
dont you just love it?Brand LOYAL riders?

Im glad you guys beleive everything you read about your ATVs.The weight an ATV can pull means nothing to me,since NOBODY I know of goes by the manufactures recommedations when they pull with their ATV anyway.The rating is all based on the ATVs abilty to brake within a certain distance anyways.My 99 500cc Sportsman was rated to pull 1200 lbs,but yet,I still pulled a 3000lb van out of a ditch in front of my house with it.I could go on/on about the various weights I've pulled with my differant brand 3-4 wheelers since 1983,but those riders that have been into the sport of 3-4 wheelers as long as I have,know what im talking about..Polaris also has a sticker that says NOBODY UNDER 16yrs old on their ATVs [if it exceeds 90cc]do you also BELEIVE that?[lol]

Rack weight?Yep,thats a LAUGH too.Ive hauled MANY a DEER on my racks out of the deep woods with my various ATVs too,and not one of them weighed 66lbs.

''Polaris quads are built heavier because they are built to LAST''Now thats the quote that really makes me ''chuckle'' the most.I have also owned Polaris,Kawi,Suz,Honda,Yamaha,Monster Joe,and TGB ATVs,ALOT of them since 1983,and I can tell you that I've had MORE reliability issues with my two brand new Polaris ATVs than I've had with ALL the other ATVs,COMBINED!

Heck,just go back a few months in the Polaris Forums,more folks talking about problems with their Polaris ATVs than in any body else's Forum.Visit a dealer that sells other brand ATVs along with Polaris,and take a look in his back room.

CASE DISMISSED!

Old 11-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

a lot of you guys are relatively new to the forum so i feel compelled to give you a brief, and i mean brief history about MUDDY4LIFE.

over two years ago he bought Polaris ATVs, MODIFIED them, they gave him trouble, and he's been saying the same-old "polaris sucks" ever since.

you guys must know someone in your life that has nothing better to do than to complain about the same thing over and over........maybe 2 years or more?.......who just can't let it go and move on with life?.........pretty sad yes......pitty them........feel for them......pray for them.(they need it!)

MUDDY4LIFE has been gone for awhile. maybe bs ing in the Honda forum about how great is Rincon is. who knows. best thing to do is IGNORE him. usually works, he goes away.

MUDDY4LIFE you earn no respect dissing an excellent mfg.

sincerely,
-MT

Old 11-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Range Rover
Default Are you Fat?

I don't agree with everything MUDDY4LIFE says, but I respect his unbiased opinions and vast experience, and you should too. I also totally agree with him about this topic.

Cheaply made Japanese bikes?

Polaris ATV's built to last?

Are you guys seriously believing this stuff? Are you actually questioning the reliability of Honda or Yamaha ATV's over the years compared to Polaris?

Are you blind to the fact that Polaris easily has the worst reliability record of any OEM in the history of ATV's?

Working at a dealership that sells both Polaris and Honda ATV's, I will certainly give Polaris credit for taking great steps in making their machines more durable and reliable. They had no choice however, because if they were still building the same garbage they were making 5-10 years ago, they would be out of business. Having said that, they still have some progress to make before they can be considered as reliable or durable as Honda or Yamaha.

Before you start on me about your friend who owns a 450ES or Rincon with a blown tranny or ES problems, I will certainly concede that Japanese ATV's also break down; everything breaks down sometimes. I had the infamous o-ring problem on my Rincon when I hit 1800 miles. Of course, Honda paid for the repair even though my machine was 6 months passed the warranty period. Polaris ATV's just don't seem to hold up as well to abuse and high mileage riding.

I also believe that Polaris ATV's are way too heavy, that is part of the reason they aren't as reliable as others. If Polaris slimmed down by about 100-150 lbs. and adopted Yamaha's belt drive system, I would probably buy one. Until then, I will stick with my "cheaply made Jap bike". Yeeesh!

Old 11-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

i notice neither of you guys that are bashing Polaris have any machines listed in your profile...

so tell us what you ride and i'll post all the links of the problems with your machines....

if you came her trolling, which you are doing, then get out....

of course every machine has problems, go over to the Kawasaki forum and look at the post about the problems on the Brute Force, same on King Quad in the Suzuki forum, etc. They're still good machines, each has their own purpose....for my purpose, its polaris...

are they built tougher, stronger? YES....bring your machine to me, we'll put them side by side and we'll do some checks....if you're not going to post what you own, then shutup and get out, we don't need you here.....

so what do you own? probably nothing or you going to make something up

Old 11-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

I think Polaris builds some of the best ATVs on the market. The only reason they had a bad rap in the 90s was because they changed the ATV up a bit. Just think about it. What would todays big bore look like if Polaris wasn't around? The SP500 made big bore quads what they are today. When you take a new road, it takes time to find all the bumps! If Yamaha or Honda had been innovative they would have had problems too. All of my Polaris quads have been very good to me, sure they have a problem or to but not any more than any other brand. Most people that bash Polaris have NEVER owned one. They simply go by what there brother-in-law said! I say you can't bash until you have owned one. You also have to expect somethings to break, I mean you can't pull a house down in High range and then get mad at Polaris because your belt is burnt up. I'm done, and going for a ride to cool off!

Old 11-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Range Rover
Default Are you Fat?

Why are you guys getting so mad? Geez, we're trying to have a civil discussion about ATV's here; we're not talking life and death...

For the record, I thought I had mentioned in my previous post that I own a Honda Rincon. I also posted that I had the infamous o-ring problem with it. I don't think I was bashing Polaris or being biased towards Honda or any other OEM.

Don't bother listing the problems with the Rincon, I work at a Honda/Polaris dealership and know everything there is to know about the Rincon. Ditto for all Polaris ATV's.

I think someone who works at a Honda/Polaris dealership should know what he is talking about, don't you? The best person to give reliability/durability reports is someone who works at a multi-brand dealership. You get to see all the various problems with the different brands first hand, that's much better than the limited number of machines the average rider gets to see.

Do you really want me to leave because I said Polaris has more reliabilty issues than other OEM's?

I can list some positive things as well. I love the Polaris AWD system, always have. Honda's system works well for trail riding and moderate off road situations, but it turns into a 3WD monster fairly quickly when the going gets really tough. I think everyone should adopt a form of Polaris' AWD system, I feel it is that good.

I love the EFI on the 700 and 800, every ATV should come equipped with EFI from now on.

I love the concept of the ATP with its cargo box and unlocking rear end, that is a great idea.

Nobody has introduced more innovative features to ATV's in the last fifteen years than Polaris.

See? I'm not out to "bash" Polaris, I just gave my first hand experience with them to this point...

Old 11-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you Fat?

MTPOCKETS,
Please dont mislead your followers with your riducules accusations of me.For the record,I owned a brand new 1999 500cc Sportsman 4x4 with a K/N filter and 26 inch MudRunner tires.WOW-MTPOCKETS,now thats a REALLY HIGHLY modified ATV buddie!![lol]And I certainly am not asking to gain anybodys respect for my opinions.I get all the respect I need from my club members and ATV Safety students I instruct throughout the year..

I also owned a brand new 2000 400cc 2-stroke Polaris 4x4 Xplorer.My cheaply made stock Polaris piston had a hole in it at about 1500 miles so I put in a MUCH better constructed,Wisco piston in for a replacement piston.In also replaced my reed valves,exaust,and front/rear sprockets.ANOTHER HIGHLY modified ATV!

And I dont see a single post in here as far as ''bashing'' goes from me.I merely responded to apparent ''bragging'' in regards to the ''beefier''parts that a Polaris ATV is suppose to have.My response was merely trying to say that if these ''beefier''parts added to a longer lasting and more durable ATV,than I could see adding the extra weight and ''beefier'' parts,and than some of you brand loyal riders started in on me from there.

My posts are not intended to bash any ATV.We all work very hard for our money and nobody wants to hear that the quad they just spent 7k on is junk,but I also dont think I said anything wrong with my own PERSONAL opinions of a product that someone calls ''beefier''.

I've been in this sport alot longer than some of you are old,I've have seen the good,I've seen the bad/ugly too.I agree that Polaris has taken big strides forward since 2002 in the reliability Department,but like ATVTECH1 stated,they HAD TO!

Currently,I own 6 ATVs,and not one of them are PERFECT in every way.My Honda Rincon lacks a good low end,it has leaky front drum style brakes,no adjustable shocks,no reverse over-ride button,does not come with a front locker,BUT it also has been one of the most reliable ATVs I've ever owned.My two 360 Prairre's have a junk belt drive system,I also dislike the locker 4x4 lever.My new 700cc King Quad has a ''doggy'' feel from a stand still till about 7mph.

No ATV is perfect!

Old 11-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

better go back and read what you wrote, thats not what i'm seeing...

if you don't think you'll get pounded on when you come in a forum like this that is named 'Polaris' and say that they aren't reliable and aren't strong and comments like 'you guys really believe that?', what do you expect?

I don't slam in any forums....I relate my experiences and always leave off with a good note.....The best machine is the one you own...