Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Are you Fat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you Fat?

Good points Bryce....

I also went back and read some of Muddy4life's replies, I love this one the best:

"I ran mine hard as soon as I got it.I did some short,full throttle bursts,and when the fan come on,I shut it down.Drove it this way for the first 40 miles ,than changed the oil.

Its open season now,full throttle now,anytime I want,as often as I want!

Dont baby your KQ,it'll be 7-10% slower than the ones that are broken in harder because the rings wont seal correctly.

Slow,easy break-ins are a thing of the past".

That has got to be the biggest BS post I have ever seen. Since I have built many a motors, won 3 Regional Championship AMA CCS Cup Championships and two National Championships roadracing motorcycles....I can tell you 'BREAK YOUR MACHINES IN SLOWLY'.....every dealer will tell you that. Every owners manual will tell you that, every engine builder will tell you that. The part that he wrote "Dont baby your KQ,it'll be 7-10% slower than the ones that are broken in harder because the rings wont seal correctly", that is absolutely false. Its the reason why you don't normally break in a motor with synthetic oil, but it can work if you don't get on it. Going fast will not allow your rings to seat correctly.

Jeeesch....never heard anyone say something like that....well I have, long time ago. If you want your machine to run for a long time, break it in right...break it in slow, do not overheat it....

man.....

Old 12-02-2004, 05:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Bing

you droped my "Suporting Member" status symbol again. would you be so kind to turn it back on again so i can send private mesages again?

if you can't, please foward this to someone who can.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Are you Fat?

PM dbeck

im still waiting for the duffel bags he mentioned some time ago