Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of seeing Polaris get a raw deal in the mags

Thanks for the comments guys.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with Elkbow on this issue, I bought my polaris 700EFI because it had all the features, style, comfort, handling, and sportyness I was looking for. I too am not saying that polaris is the best at one thing or everything but is the best styled machine with the most easy to use features for the cash this is why polaris models are known as the toughest atv in the world. I went to gander mountain earlier today with my wife and we got to lookin at the Arctic Cat quads they carry and they just don't have the style I'm looking for. they had the 500 arctic cat in red and lime green and they already had the front and rear bumpers and a warn winch installed, the bad part was that it was $7400. It had a kawasaki engine, the carlisle badlands tires, maxxis wheels, etc. just looks like they pieced a bunch of other brands together. they other thing I didn't like was that instead of the gas tank being on top like normal they have them in the rear and the cap is on the right rear fender. I'm not trying to bash other brands, I'm just saying I prefer the Polaris brand

Old 11-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was always a traditionalist, as well, when it came to the gas tank location; however, the tank-under-the-seat idea is growing on me. Supposedly helps lower the center of gravity, which makes sense. I also like the fact that any fuel spills don't wear on the graphics.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I also like the features that the 700 or 800cc 4x4 Polaris ATVs have,but they are to pricy and weigh too much for my liking.I got all the features I desire on my new 2005 King Quad and only paid 6696.00 Out The Door for it WITH a 2500lb Warn winch.The same quad for Polaris would have cost me 8k or more and weighed about 170lbs more.

Im NOT knocking Polaris,but I dont need the extra weight and the extra costs associated with it.

Old 11-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

i got a scrambler because i wanted a SRA, and a diff lock. after owning the kodi 400, i wanted a 450, but they went IRS. the vinson is only 3 1/2 drive, and the prarie.......ughhhh, not a fan of em. so the scrambler fit the idea well. it goes almost anywhere if you know how to drive it well, and we also have an excellent polaris dealer. as for reliability, a 00 sp500 had the 4wd probs, but that was it. the newer ones are doing great. ive only had my scrammy 6 months, and i got roughly 1300 already. its got a blown cv joint, and the dealer is covering it w/o question, gettin it back next week.

if i was gonna buy a utility....honestly it would hafta be a YAMAHA, just b/c i loved my old kodiak but i kinda beat it to death. the sportsmans arent sporty enough for me, although for pure utulity, i hafta say theyre the best out there. our sp700 is a freakin tank compared to anything else.

Old 11-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
ELKBOW,
Where are you getting your sales stats from on Polaris being the most sold ATV?

My last stats had Honda ATVs in first place as overall sales leader of ATVs.

Maybe your salesman told you that ?

Honda's numbers that their company touts...go al the way back and include ATCs when they were the only game in town, but with the amount of advertizing they do...it is no wonder if they are #1......you really don't think most the sheeple out there would research an ATV purchase do you? They have the magazine and TV ads to do that for them.

Old 11-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I think they were fairly objective in their last big bore test myself. If anything, they should have included the SP800 in lieu of the SP700 and I do believe they were a little hard on the BF.