Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Do you have your quad insured???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have your quad insured???

I do not have mine insured for full coverage. But all my ATV's and snowmobiles carry Liability in case I hit someone, cause an accident, etc. The price for Liability thru State Farm is $28 a year per machine.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Range Rover

I've checked with a several carriers, and so far every one says they do not offer coverage in Massachusetts. Is that right? Yet another benefit to living in this great state.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

Can I get Progressive ins. in NJ? Also I don't have a bill of sale or title for my '85 LT230S can I still get it insured?

Old 12-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Range Rover

Insure that thing.
You would be a fool not to.

Most of the people who dont get insurance on their machines regret not doing so.

Just think, if you roll your machine its insured, if it gets stolen its insured.

Most only have like a $100 deductable. Thats fair.

So, if I were you, I would insure that machine. I am glad I did. I have had one stolen and its nice to be able to call insurance and get your machine replaced or at least get some money to buy a new one.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

Got to have ins.

Liberty Mutual covers my 03 600sp for 6000$ colision, more than I paid for it. I got to choose how much coverage I wanted. The same goes for my MXZ 600(4000$ coverage) and my wifes Legend 500 liquid(4500$ coverage). All 3 vehicles cost me 320$ a year. Its way to easy to flip these types of vehicles and do major damage, even at slow speeds.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

Exactly, plus, what if you run into someone else and hurt them.

Insurance is a must for these machines or any ATV as far as I am concerned.

AND DONT BE SURPRISED IF INSURANCE IS MADE MANDATORY WITHIN THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Range Rover

The more I think about it, the more I want to insure my new 700 EFI, but it appears that it's not possible to do so in this great Commonwealth. Something about it being a "recreational" vehicle making it uninsurable? Anyone know anything about this?

-Steve

Old 12-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Range Rover

I would look into it more because there are tons of company's out there that will insure an ATV.

Especially because of the value of the machine.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Range Rover

I'll sure do that, but so far after searching the net, every site I've come across says no dice for Mass. residents.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

Whew, lots of replies.
First of all, liability insurance is a MUST, so I didn't even mentioned it, but ALWAYS get it. And yes, it's ultracheap ($50 on my motorcycle).
I also didn't realize it's so cheap to fully insure a quad; about 4 times cheaper than my motorycle. I have my cars insured with Progressive, but my bike with Bikeline (much cheaper than progressive, even with the multiple car discount). Will check with both.
Finally, my quad would only leave its 'home' (a fully enclosed trailer deep inside my property) when going for a ride, and I probably won't even dismount the quad until home again, so I have absolutely no worries about theft. Liability is a given, so I only have to ponder with the possibility of damage to the machine. If it's as cheap in my state as some of you mentioned ($120/year), I'll get it. A $500 deductible seems a good compromise among cost of insurance, cost of the machine, and peace of mind. As a reference, I use my bike 3Kmiles a year, my car 2K miles, and the quad would get even less than that. Wish I could pay insurance based on use.

Thanks again for your help guys.

JC

Quick Reply: Do you have your quad insured???