Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

help me pick mods between these two options.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help me pick mods between these two options.

subject kind of sums it up, i want to do some smaller mods to my scrambler for just a few horses/ or weight savings and wonder what would be better in the opinion of the board. the price is about the same between the two options. I will be moving the stock secondary clutch spring for a bit more top end and need to just compnsate with alittle bit more power. keep in mind alll theses thing would probable get done anyway eventually, its just a question about the order I do them in.

option 1.
oil injection block off and throttle cable, starter removal and battery removal and reed spacer. Do I need some type of capacitor to keep the headlights from dimming? will the bulbs burn out if I do not have a capacitor.

option 2.
v-force reads.

I eventually will get a pipe, but I know I need a new piston, so I plan to tear the engine down completely have it ported, head decked, etc all at the same time. I know it will be my best bang for the buck, but it seems as if a pipe cannot be run on the stock piston.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you planing on going with a Race top end set-up or a Trail set-up.

If you plan to go with a trail set up just get a RCR stage 1 kit
By far the best bang for the buck, If you don't have enough $$$ yet, save until you do. Don't waist it on other stuff.

I have been running my 2000 scrambler trail piped and properly clutched and jetted for a while now with the stock piston, knock on wood I have had no problems. I think when you have the problem with the piston show up when you add compression and increasing a lot of RPM. You should be fine.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

yup i second that on the RCR stage 1 kit best bang for the buck

Old 01-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have looked at the rcr but I can;t ever get ahold of rick, I get busy signals during the only hour I can make the call. I thought about the HPD Trail pipe but I can't get the clutch at this time. I can justify the cost for these things.

I have the money to buy both, I'm saving for a champagne diamond engagement ring, so my hobbies and the scrambler will have to sit back seat for a little while. I can spend about $130.00 so these will fit in that bracket.

beleive me I want the HPD trail pipe, I found the fmf for 125.00 and was going to get that but figured it was better to wait and get the hpd.

BubaHyde what clutch spring came in your clutch kit for the primary? I wonder if my EPI will work for alittle bit.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: conig

I have the money to buy both, I'm saving for a champagne diamond engagement ring, so my hobbies and the scrambler will have to sit back seat for a little while. I can spend about $130.00 so these will fit in that bracket.

ah if she loves you she can wait abit longer as it will be the last toy u get for awhile lol

Old 01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

yeah man,id be building your toy before you mention marriage.it will be alot easier doing it now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Range Rover

I own a 1999 Sport 400 that I've been moding racing and moding since it was new.The 2 stroke motors are very responsive to mods but if I were you I would pick a company to deal with like Hot Seat or RCR and work out a plan of what all you want to do to your machine so that you won't be buying parts and just replacing them later with other parts (like I did).From my experience with this motor a well picked combination of parts works better than just a few mismatched parts thrown at it.

Here's a list of things that I've done to mine and my current combination: K&N conical filter w/outerwear, 38mm carb, V-Force Delta 2 Reedcage, reedcage spacer, Hot Seat billet head w/pump gas compression, Hot Seat Pipe and silencer, Hot Seat clutch kit, front and rear wheel spacers, 20-10-10 Titan Turf Tamers on the rear, 21-7-10 tires on the front, Moose handlebars, different size front and rear sprockets and braces on the carb to try and hold it steady.

The first combo that I ran was the pipe and silencer with a drop in K&N filter, some holes drilled into the top of the air lid along with raising the lid with some washers, rejetting the carb, Boyseen replacement reeds and different size sprockets along with the Titan Turf Tamers and a clutch kit from Hot Seat.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think the reads alone will do much to a stock bike. just my 2cents

Old 01-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Reeds are one of the last things I would install . Polaris reed cages and the reeds they come with are really pretty good . Stock reeds are extremely durable . Rarely does one fail .

I have seen some awefully quick 400 polarises running stock reed cages .

The V-force cages are worth a couple horses on a modified quad , but for the cost there are many things a person can do to increase performance before bolting on a different reed cage is the next thing to do .

Rick

Old 01-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

How much is a champagne engagement ring ?

I have a 20th wedding aniversary on Wendsday . We got married with a $300 wedding set and it seems to have worked out .

Congratulations on finding a nice girl .

Rick

Quick Reply: help me pick mods between these two options.