Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why do most people hate ploaris?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do most people hate ploaris?

I think there are several reasons.
1. There are some people who will always believe anything foreign is always better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
2. When Polaris first came out they were way different than anything anyone had seen before. An auto three
wheeler and four wheeler. Whoa! Some people were and are afraid of change.
3. Polaris has never tried to be like everyone one else. They saw the short comings of other atv's and added
what people were asking for. They targeted a large group instead of different very small groups. They tend to
build atvs that suit a majority of customers needs not the needs of a small specific group.
4. I don't think they went out of their way to qualify and train dealers and technicians especially in the old days.
5. Bad propaganda from the allready established ATV companies and dealers.( I gaurantee I can go to a local
non-Polaris dealer today and have them flat out lie about how a Polaris works and technical info)

Old 01-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

All I gotta say is that where did on demand true 4WD, electronic fuel injection, big 600, 700, 800 Twin cylinder engines, independent rear supspension, variable automatic transmission, engine braking system, towing and plowing systems, and the bigger ride height idea all come from???????? That would be Polaris. Even with the Predator they got their own new unique suspension set up thats nothing like anything else, I think it's awesome that Polaris try's new things then they end up working then the other company's gotta copy them.

I personally don't like it when people bash other company's when they never actually rode one before.

Old 01-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

How can anybody use the word COPY from Polaris?Thats just a redicules statement...Why does it matter WHO come out with IRS or Auto trans ect first?

Just imagine if the auto industry accused their competetion of copying after them..

Technology is technology,no matter who had it first or who improved it...the only thing that matters is reliability and dependability.

Old 01-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

I agree MUDDY but just stating the obvious, no disrespect to other company's at all.
I think any ATV will last as long as it's maintained well. But there is always the risk of defective parts from the factory. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I have had a Honda, Suzuki,Yamaha,Cowasukie,and 2 Polaris's . The 1st was a 94 trail blazier (new) and i gave it heck and in 2001 got its fist overhaul engine, tranie,and chasis I cant never say nothing bad about that Trail Blazer. My next 1 I bought new was a 2002 Sportsman 500 HO - man thats a 4 wheeler!
I love it, my dad bought a 2004 like mine last spring and theres nothing like it. My friend bought a 2002 Artic Cat 400i and wished he bought a Polaris. It will make a beliver out of anyone who has an open mind. I will say this it takes a good rut to get it stuck and will pull any hill and pull any thing you hook to it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 05:59 PM
2c3
Pro Rider

why do most people hate polaris, i dont hate mine i just wish they would put better boots and belts on them. and thank you for what you guys do over seas. it takes a lot more guts than i have and i really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

well there older quads are plain junk. and the new ones still some have problems. and they are all overweight and in the case of the 760 WAY overweight and WAY WAY WAYYY over priced. my sportsman 500 got a crack in the plastic when it only had 100 miles on it. it sits more then i ride it and a crack develops? quality. i had that think since nov 2003 and it only has 150 miles or so, so i dont ride it much. the predator sits now also since i got the 450r. the predator is all over the place on a dirt road, heavy and like all polaris' it corrodes in a heated garage! i always put them away sparkling too. now that i also have a yfz450, that thing will never get ridden. ok maybe twice a year

Old 01-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hello warpath0077. I think a lot has to do with perception and new technology. Whenever new technology comes along, there will always be the people that do not understand it, and if it hiccups, it becomes a major problem. I am still amazed how many people do not understand the Polaris 4WD system. Then they knock a particular aspect of it because they don't understanding it. This then becomes a problem of perception rather than truth. Perception has little to do with reality. Perception is when people start believing something only because its been talked about so many times, not because it actually happens. I see the same bias against Polaris on the 4WD forums as I see against Sea Doo on the jetski forums. Sea Doo is arguably the leading technologist in jetskis, just like Polaris is with Quads. With all leading technology comes the requirement to take care of it. And it may require more care than some people are willing to give. Lack of care probably causes more problems than anything. One example might be the large number of zerks on the old machines. If you don't grease zerks, you will have a problem. This is a maintainability issue, not a reliability issue.
BryceGTX

Old 01-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

spoRtRax450R,

I think the Plastic on my Boss is better than the Yam or Honda Ute's. I've compared, and theirs are more brittle, while mine is somewhat pliable (less prone to chip or brake). I see older Polaris quads out there and can't say I agree with your corrosion issue - based on them (first I've heard). In fact, I like the Polaris quality. I think Honda is good too...if you want to buy foreign that is. Between my brother and I, we own 3 Polaris and we are very satisfied. My friends Yam is as old as mine is and his front end is sloppy like an old tractor.

I'm just glad the Polaris bashing didn't stop us from buying Polaris. We ride ours and, just between us, we rag on the others. We sincerely think Polaris is better. Oh yeah, we like them heavy.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im new to the forum but this is why I got on. Its not a company thing. I have owned Hondas and Polaris atv's and if you just ride and never do maintenance you will have a bad time when you want to ride. As for mags. and tv shows that blast Polaris, they are looking into the light and see that the days of blasting are coming to a end. Example look at the Predator vs Raptor shootout in Dirtwheels January 2005.

Quick Reply: why do most people hate ploaris?