Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why do most people hate ploaris?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do most people hate ploaris?

well then more polaris owner must do less maintenence then others[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
well then more polaris owner must do less maintenence then others[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
dude take your stupid comments back to the honda section,if you cant say anything nice then just shut it..

Old 01-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
thats right, of all the ATVs i've owned, the Polaris have been the most reliable....I have done no major maintenance or had anything major break on all 3 of them I've owned....

there's a simple answer to this question: Who says they have the most complaints????????????????? Not me, they have the least....when I rode yesterday, we had two Yamaha's, one of them, a Wolverine bottomed out on the front end and broke the fender,,,,,WTF? Yet I think the Wolverine is one of the best sport/utility machines out there....

the simple fact is....Polaris has more machines out there than any manufacturer....go to any forum that is there to help its members, look at any forum and you'll find problems with the machines....

here, let me list a few threads with problems on other machines, these are all recent threads:

Honda

Kawasaki

Suzuki

Yamaha

I'm making a point here, the people I know that mostly complain about a machine, don't own one....whatever manufacturer it is...

Old 01-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have some sales numbers to backup these claims? I'm pretty sure that Honda and Yamaha have pretty good sales numbers, so I'm curious just how close it is.

I do have 2 polaris atvs, and I do have complaints. There are plenty of people with problems with thier atvs, regardless of the manufacturer. There are also plenty of people who have bad things to say about certain companies that have lots of good reasons to. Dont think that Polaris is any more or less reliable than other atvs, they all have thier problems.

I dont like seeing one company artificially promoted above another, whether it be honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, polaris or any others. The polaris line does have significant drawbacks and problems, as does any other line.

People have a dislike of polaris because of the large reliability issues they have had in the past. From this many other people were influenced and now have negative feelings towards the company. Granted, the line has improved greatly in the last few years, but that does not make them unfallible. I'm not saying that this is the case in this thread, but it has been hinted towards.

There will always be people who dont like your atv, or the atv manufacturer. It is the case in every line of products created by every company since the dawn of industry. Its just the nature of things and is something we all have to live with, no matter which atv we prefer over any other. In short, screw what other people think and just be happy with your machine.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:37 AM
Trailblazer

BECAUSE THEIR STUCK RIDING SOME OTHER PEICE OF CRAP

Old 01-18-2005, 05:39 AM
Range Rover

I ride a raptor and I am very happy with it. It is the only machine I have ever had. I cant say I have ever ridden a Polaris....but I have heard alot of people talkl crap about them. However I am only around people in the sport quad market, that may have something to do with it. One thing I know is that all makes and models have their own problems and you can break ANY of them if you abuse them....

Old 01-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Go test drive a new Predator, I think you might give up the Raptor.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

REMOVED THE STATEMENT about outselling other brands, but the following is still true I think...

The point is, Polaris has sold well over one MILLION units. And That must say something... The popularity is catching on here in California. When I first brought My Polaris "family" out to the desert, my group razzed me a bit, but when on rides, I was the only one NOT getting stuck, in mud, 2 plus feet of water, going over rocks and whatever. That caused a bit of 'humbling', of my Yamaha and Honda die-hards... And on the trails, yes these bikes are a bit heavy, but I have always held my own on the runs. SO , now, I get NO FLACK.

ALso, I find it amazing just how many of them are showing up in the desert nowadaze.... A far sight more than just a few years ago. SO, someone must like them.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ronadycks
Polaris OUT SELLS all brands combined.
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that one. I dont know who the market leader is in atv sales, but I know that Polaris cannot be outselling all other atv companies combined. Provide some proof for your statement if you are going to be that bold.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

people hate polaris because they're JEALOUS!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: why do most people hate ploaris?