Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler v. Trailboss v. Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005 | 12:42 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Scrambler v. Trailboss v. Trailblazer

I never have taken the 700 Prairie out....I have taken the 360 out on a quick spin at Pismo. I wasn't very fond of it.
I think I've gotten so used to the loose front end on my Bayou (they are notorious for it) and anything else seems tough. I am going to call the dealer today....and am going to ask him if I can spin it around the parking lot.....I know cement is a fdar cry from dirt, but maybe it'll give me some idea.

We ride a combination of trails....some of them are fast fire roads, and some can be pretty technical stuff...lots of hills too. Although the hill thing may not be an issue when we move out to the Midwest.

Old 01-18-2005 | 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hello bishbashers. My wife and I both have Trailblazers. We both love them. We are not performance riders, but we have gone through some pretty tough trails in Michigan. My wife is about the same size as you, and I would have a hard time getting her on a different quad. I think the question you have to answer to yourself is do you really need the 4WD and power of the Scrambler. For us, the Trailblazers seem to be enough. This spring I plan of getting sand tires/wheels for the front and back for both quads so we can ride the dunes. Cost should be about $250 per quad. This is another thing to consider when you buy the less expensive quad; you have more money for extras! By the way we almost bought the Sea Breeze. They didn't have one in stock, we ended up with a Winnebago Vectra 31 RQ.
I hope this helps you.
BryceGTX

Old 01-18-2005 | 01:01 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

If you're going to be in sand 3 times a year, the Trial Blazer (with paddles) would probrably handle it the best (Boss and Scrammy would seem too heavy). Out of the 3 we have, my wife like her Blazer the best. Easy to handle, fast, but not too fast. Steers easier, but seat is not as comfortable. She's ridden our nephew's Scrammy, but still likes the Blazer best.

Old 01-18-2005 | 02:02 PM
Trailblazer

Can't go wrong with Blazer or Scrambler

Old 01-18-2005 | 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I have a blazer but would really like to get a scrammy. It's 4x4 and with a winch on it you could go just about anywhere (and get back). The money was an issue for me too. But I regret not getting the scrammy. Dont get me wrong. The blazer is a great machine. Gota love that 2 stroke.

Old 01-19-2005 | 01:13 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Well...I ended up at the dealership today and they let me ride the Scrammy and a KFX 700. I ended up with the Scrammy......I liked the handling better than the KFX 700, and I thought the Scrammy felt pretty similar to the Blazer. I went with the Scrammy over the Blazer because of the 4x4 and it being a 4 stroke...and a friend pointed out that it would suck if I decided later I wanted more power and was stuck with the 250. I'm now the only non-Kawie driver in the family , but I'm sure the Polaris will treat me good :-)

I pick it up tomorrow, and we have a riding trip planned for the end of the month :-)

Thanks for all the input...I appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2005 | 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

congrats,youll have alot of fun on the scrambler..

Old 01-19-2005 | 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats!!! You'll get that upper arm workout you've been wanting.LOL Get some pics of your new ride up and the rest of the atv family.

Old 01-19-2005 | 07:47 PM
Range Rover

I just used my cycle country plow set up on my scrammy tonight-only 4 inches of snow but it was fun instead of back breaking-another plus over the blazer!...ENJOY!

Old 01-20-2005 | 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Hey GTPUSA. I have been plowing for about 3 weeks now with my Trailblazer. With chains, it is unstoppable.
BryceGTX

Quick Reply: Scrambler v. Trailboss v. Trailblazer